3D printing forums

1. General

1. Official news

Updates from Ultimaker HQ

1. UltiMaker Cura

The world's most popular 3D printing software. Made together with the community. 

Our line of reliable 3D printers 

Thingiverse is the world’s largest online library of 3D printable digital designs.

Explore this never-ending world of choice

1. Improve your 3D prints

Help, tips & tricks

Discuss and learn about CAD & part optimization

Food & beverages, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Education & Research

1. What have you made

Share your latest project

Introductions and 'how was your day?'

Inside information about how and where to buy

1. Nederlands

Welkom op het Nederlandse Ultimaker forum

Herzlich willkommen im deutschsprachigen Forum

Bienvenido al foro en español

Bienvenue sur le forum francophone

Se sei in grado di leggere questo, sei nel posto giusto

これを読めれば、ここが正しい場所です。

• Well you can approach this from one of two directions (as literally as possible), I prefer the "scorched earth" approach myself.   Go to %APPDATA% and rename the entire cura folder so it's forced to generate a completely new config from a blank slate. If you're using a custom printer definition, open Cura, then just quit it and put your definition in the %APPDATA%\cura\5.7  (definitions and variants if necessary, if you have a custom definition then you've already done this) folder it should have created so you can open it again and your printer will be in the list to add. Anyways, set up your printer. Get a model which won't slice (if you want one from the calibration shapes plugin, then go to  the configuration folder you just moved out of the way and they're in plugins\CalibrationShapes\CalibrationShapes\models\) and see if it'll slice. If it doesn't, then either your custom printer definition is causing it or you have bigger problems.   Then it's basically a matter of "close Cura, copy something from previous configuration folder into new one, open Cura, test". If it stops slicing after you copy something, you've found your culprit. Personally I'd test in this order: cura.cfg (overwrite the new one it made) If your printer setup differs from its definition (you've changed some of its settings in Cura) then the changes will be in a file in the definitions_changes folder, so that All the post-processing scripts (which should have nothing to do with it, but computer programs break in mysterious ways) Any custom/changed materials (just the whole materials folder), although if it's happening with a generic material it's probably not this All your quality settings profiles (they're in the quality_changes folder) and then test with those profiles Plugins. Ideally, one at a time. Yes, I know it can take a bit of time if you have a few (I have plenty). To cheat, you can do it about three at a time, just remember which three in case it breaks it you can uninstall those three and test individually. For ones you can find in the Marketplace, download them from there, if something is no longer listed there, copy it from the plugins folder in your old config folder. Then... that's about everything covered. If it works after that, you probably had a bum configuration file somewhere.   And when I say you can approach it from the other direction: that's starting with what you have now and removing things individually until it works. But I prefer to do it from the ground up in case of things like aforementioned bum configuration file somewhere which you wouldn't get around to removing.
    • That's brill @GregValiant I'll check out the new version & thanks for your continued plugin work 
    • OK.  What do I do next to diagnose this.  I don't want to wall myself off from Cura updates.
  • Topics