A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

I call bullshit on the scanning part. There is no way in hell that with a single moving stripe, projected by a beamer with that amount of light production to get those kind of quality of scans. Let alone without noise and a full 3D model (as suggested by the video).

From what we see in the videos it looks more like a 2D capture than a real 3D scan. Or did i miss a video showing 3d designing with the (Brussels) Sprout?

Maybe I missed this completely: Which video are you guys talking about? :???:

edit: Thanks Didier for the video links below...!

Titus, that machine gun is crazy!! So much PLA lol... I love destiny, playing it on the xbox one

Did I miss something too? .. what is this about? :-|

An unexpected alarm when power napping:

http://i.imgur.com/jNrFnXd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7ILshve.jpg

It shattered spontaneously....

Oh sh... Did your monitor survive?

what the f...

how could this happen?

Miraculously my amplifier and monitor were caught between the wall and frame. One of my latest prints that I still wanted to polish and show broke though :(

Many interesting reasons as to how this could happen, mainly build up stress in the glass, either during production, transport, assembly, use or likely a combination. I'm so glad my printer wasn't (that) near: the chair intercepted the glass.

Come on - admit it - you were trying to print directly onto your glass desk... :shock:

Seriously: Glad to read nobody was hurt... :-P

I'm more surprised that the glass wasn't laminated to prevent it from breaking that catastrophically. Glad you weren't injured as you could've easily been cut to shreds.

Holy s**t Titus, at first I thought it was your UM2 that exploded .. lol glad it was just a desk :p

Actually when I woke up, and started coming to sense(my roommates were in the hall knocking on the door asking if I was alright), the first thing I saw was whitish stuff everywhere, and I thought, "what the hell, how did all that glowfill spill out my printer? What the hell, I wasn't even printing right?" :p

@titus Haha brilliant.

Today I had my third disciplinary meeting at work, long long long story but basically I am about to be fired and am having lots of legal/employment discussions etc etc ... so today I go into a meeting and they accuse me of "designing products that conflict with the nature of our business ( hardware parts )... and proceed to show me some images of a development that they have knowledge of. Images were very very familiar, they were the Terminator Arm that I designed and printed when I first got my UM2... haha how I chuckled at them and how they felt so silly. Long live the ultimaker for making the T1000 Arm lol

naughty 3

Wait... you're being fired for designing a T800 arm in your (I assume) free time? What kind of bullshit company is that and how can I make sure I don't send money their way?

Haha not quite that simple Robert but it was a fun 10 minutes as we discussed it in this Serious meeting...there were other products too... I admit... guilty as charged :p

Aw, skint. That really sucks.

They should look at that arm and realise what an asset they have in you.

You guys don't get it, umm? Skint is working for Skynet... :eek:

@Skint: it doesn't sound as if you were very surprised... ;)

Would love to work for Skynet lol...and yeah not too surprised :p

Sundays are meant for hangovers..and I have a REALLY bad one... went out to watch The Couting Crows last night!