A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Not to blow the bubble but make sure you dont disclose sensitive information :D.

I love my work too and which I could tell things about it, show prints of our game content,...

Keep it up! Loving your work is a key element to your happyness!

Happy for you Lan i remembre a couple of months ago you where in the same state of mind as me (lame boring job). I which i could do something i like more too. I'm looking for a complete change of career (i'm tired of software development) but it's not easy to do.

Happy for you Lan i remembre a couple of months ago you where in the same state of mind as me (lame boring job). I which i could do something i like more too. I'm looking for a complete change of career (i'm tired of software development) but it's not easy to do.

life is just ... to short to waste in a go no where job.. we spend a massive amount of our lives working and handing that time over to some jerk off bosses for enough money to pay the apartment bill at the end of the month.. no thanks...

technically in germany.. being unemployed and happy offers more opportunity for a change in career than staying in the same crap job.

Ian

Not to blow the bubble but make sure you dont disclose sensitive information :D.

I love my work too and which I could tell things about it, show prints of our game content,...

Keep it up! Loving your work is a key element to your happyness!

dont worry.... i never give enough information to actually help others.. just enough to tease and annoy them ;-) HEHEHE....

Careful, you'll set a precedent and then they'll expect that pace :wink:

true true !!

Just watched that video ^^^^ Wish I could of joined you.

Spent some time at a DMLS company ( 3D printing Titanium ). So amazing. These guys were designing and printing for future formula 1 projects, space ships, etc etc... man I need to work for them :)

This isn't a "brag post" but more of an observation. Say what you will about Thingiverse but it does have quite a big reach. Got featured the other day and this is what it did to the stats.

thingiverseStats

Nice spike. How was the day after?

I like the stats on thingiverse a lot, I also have 1 peak like that...

On functionality youmagine is soooooo far behind.

I also like to look at my statistics in terms of "conversion rate" some stuff gets looked at a lot, other stuff is downloaded relatively more... not that I ever do anything with it, just make stuff for myself ...

Which of your designs was featured?

pm_dude: I just took that screenshot now, you'll have to wait till tomorrow :p

UltiArjan: Yeah, Youmagine has quite a bit of catching up to do... Just something simple like the infuriating way it handles comment notifications. Get e-mail, click link, log in, click comment tab, scroll to the bottom and find the post. It's insane. With Thingiverse you get the comment right in the e-mail, nice and simple. The comments are public so I don't understand the reasoning for "hiding" them.

It was the labyrinth gift box. I've had a couple other things featured but that was quite a while ago and I don't think it spiked as hard back then. The site has grown, no doubt.

Nice Robert! I need to start designing an uploading, I`m feeling left out lol.

I`m soon to be out of work so maybe i`ll have more time to design .. if I can pay the mortgage that is lol. Any nice 3D printing jobs going :p ??

Aw man, that sucks Skint :( I know the feels, trust me. I was unemployed for over a year before I was lucky enough to have gadgetfreak here on the forum hire me. I hope it works out for you right quick. Then again I did have a hell of a lot more time for the forum at that time :p

Many print on 3DHubs lately.

Also printed lego pieces this week. They aren't so tight with the real one so I'll have to tweak the values a bit.

I'm preparing an articulated robot to print and assemble and I'm printing pieces of Iron man armor for a friend. He usually make is stuff by hand but his short on time now so I'm giving him a hand :D

Pretty good results so far plus I had time to finish the last season of breaking bad (finally).

The comments are public so I don't understand the reasoning for "hiding" them.

Couldn't agree more. Plus if you have 5 notifications about a single thing and are already forced to go through that extremely annoying process once, it should at least remove the other 4 as well...

I second that

I don't even bother about the notifications in YouMagine anymore, just leave them in there, to much work deleting them...

Nice Robert! I need to start designing an uploading, I`m feeling left out lol.

I`m soon to be out of work so maybe i`ll have more time to design .. if I can pay the mortgage that is lol. Any nice 3D printing jobs going :p ??

no idea if they a hiring.... but you can always try ...

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/paul-croft/1b/94b/b6b

Yeah I did wonder if I could do something for ultimaker GB lol

Robert,

The "build your own jet engine" project I designed for GE did the same thing. Just took off once it was featured. Posting on youmagine doesn't quite yield the same results (or anywhere near it yet)

Take that Ducati for example. That is a SICK model. Yet it only has about 45 likes and 4000 downloads. If it was featured on thingiverse, it may have 10X as many likes, and double the downloads. Not to mention just flat out more traffic, exposing the designer to a broader audience.

And the youmagine notifications are a pain. I just delete the emails now, and check on the comments later in the day when I have time to kill.

This sunday morning printing experience is not that bad after all.

The picture to the left is one I took about 3 weeks ago with fresh filament. Printing temperature @230. Now 3 weeks later, same original ultimaker filament. Only difference I stored it at 55% humidity for 3 weeks. And it's got robert's extruder and the new print head. I did about 8 cold pulls at various temperatures to really cleanup the nozzle.

I am really pleased with the result. Extrusion seems perfect. Also the 'ripples' to the right of the text didn't appear anymore.

After that I decided to speed things up at 175% for some insane extruding. How about the 'trrrrrrr' sound when it hits the 10mm3/s text on the surface....

Insane extrusion

Have you seen the guy who 3d printed a gun...

That folds paper and shoots paper planes?

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20141009-german-man-3d-printed-a-machine-gun-that-folds-shoots-paper-airplanes.html

He He - Some people just haven't got enough to do. :-P