A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

For the record; that was not an official recommendation :p

Do you mean like delamination? Never heard that was a common problem for XT.

And why specifically for colored XT?

You can try taulman PETT. It says foodsafe if you believe the FDA, seems easy enough to print.

ORRRRR you could get the gold plated from shapeways. :p You could design it with a little UM robot on the surface so every time you bite into something, you leave a teeth mark with a UM robot stamp. :mrgreen:

ORRRRR you could get the gold plated from shapeways. :p You could design it with a little UM robot on the surface so every time you bite into something, you leave a teeth mark with a UM robot stamp. :mrgreen:

Very good idea. Why not completely in Gold? I just have to produce a few more Fairphone cases through 3DHubs to be able to pay it... :-P

that would be so ghetto!

Makes me think of the James Bond villain Jaws. He could have made so much money of branding.. poor guy, had to fall out of a train.. twice. Or drive of a cliff. .. what was his end?

You can also use your print to make a cast and mold your teeth.

see.. plenty of options!

For the record; that was not an official recommendation :p

Do you mean like delamination? Never heard that was a common problem for XT.

And why specifically for colored XT?

Yes, thin walled prints in colored XT can be broken quite easily. I'll have to ask Colorfabb directly... (of course not because of the tooth-nonsense above but some serious projects...)

@Sander My brims, as promised:

can't go anywhere these days without bumping into a Ultimaker ;)

GlowNext, eindhoven, light art festival .... glow-in-the-dark dress ..

AS78925

AS78932

AS78931

and some more glow if you like photos.... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uoi8raskxwe7mo2/AACc2sseVYKGidSwYzd4gUpLa?dl=0

This is what I call Premium Service!!! :-P

A question posted about a bad connection on tuesday, shipped on wednesday, received yesterday, happily printing ABS again this morning!!!

Thanks (M)Ulti-Martijn

WP 001228

@3Dcase, sounds good .... but looks like they still send delicate materials in an enveloppe i.s.o. a sturdy box ...

"Ok body, I get it, I should do something about my sleep pattern." He thinks to himself when waking up at 13:45...

I dont know what your talking about. I was sleeping fine untill I repair my heater :s

Hey guys just stumbled upon this article:

http://3dprint.com/28079/wasp-start-and-stop/

Cool stuff from WASP, they added the possibility to restart a print where it stopped due to a power failure

Thats pretty cool to include it directly on their printers. I know you can do it approximately with pronterface by finding the layer at which you need to start from.

I guess that could be done quite simply if you had some memory of the last object you are printing with the last layer and command index. You could then resume a print.

Hmmm... very interesting.... which FW do they use??

On the other hand - Marlin needs some improvement on stop / pause anyway... :-)

Interesting.

Would it only work with power outage, so the nozzle stays at the exact same place, and it would calculate on that location where it should resume?

The hot nozzle would probably leave a blob, melting the recently deployed material.

Would it also work when filament gets tangled?

I thought they are using Marlin..

The hot nozzle would probably leave a blob, melting the recently deployed material.

I got that a few times this summer. A good thing could be to return the bed and print head to home when power goes back up.

I got that a few times this summer. A good thing could be to return the bed and print head to home when power goes back up.

But that would be too late.. The crucial moment is when the power is out, the nozzle stays but it is already hot, and not instant-cold. That is when the melting happens..

What could be is that if the power goes out, there is no tention on the bed, letting gravity pull it down.

Removing the bed from the hot nozzle, and no melting blobs.

From what i read the have a little time after the power outage to store the data in the firmware for the current print. They only power up the Arduino to this and disable all the rest. I guess they have also a small movement of the head to get out of the way to avoid the blob, because indeed it will melt the print and get stuck to it

http://3dprint.com/28226/10-signs-you-own-a-3d-printer/

I guess I'm just a "enthusiast amateur" ;)

Lol, funny list.

And so am I.. but I think working at Ultimaker doubles my score :cool:

With a score of one I'm just a wannabe. I think I'm doing this whole 3d printing thing wrong...

Just a wannabe... I guess I still have a life outside 3D printing :D

I can make that!

Valid point for pretty everyone here on the forums. But really, how many times did I consider an object and already thought about the best printing orientation and infill percentage :)