A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

This isn't a "brag post" but more of an

Ha ha! It's definitely a brag post. :-P Which is fine! It's okay to brag in this topic!

Here - I'll do it so you don't feel so bad :-P

My daughter is a Mechanical Engineer and smart as hell, she has one more year of University and already a job offer to design jet engine parts paying very well. So there! lol! :eek: :-P

Haha, you're mean gr5 :D But ok, I'll brag a bit then, that particular design is currently the most popular design on Thingiverse and out of all my designs, 30% have been featured. Oh and my feeder is being used in a research lab that creates skull implants.There :p

Also, that paper plane gun is insane. I want.

Oh no! I'm an expert for stupid calculation errors as well. Once during a business administration exam my brain decided that an hour should have 10 minutes, a day 10 hours, a week 10 days, a month 10 weeks and a year 10 months. Unfortunately, the person grading the exam didn't agree.

you know you have it bad when you have a 103 deg temperature, coughing up a lung, head about to split in half, laid up in bed for 2 days....

yet can't stop yourself from getting up every hour to change the prints on the printers, change filaments, diagnose problems, etc...

I think a normal person may have just shut them down for a day or 2...

I think you could have worse addictions ;)

Haha yes and suddenly it's acceptable to get up in the middle of the night and start the next print.

at least when I'm older and have to get up ten times a night to pee, I'll be used to it :p

Don't you just love it when you're dead tired, ready to call it a night... all your work is done, the beds looking very nice, only to realize there's 28 minutes left on a print.

Not that long that it can wait until the morning, not soon enough to hang around the printer for it to finish. After all, that's a 6 hour print you can put on overnight if you'd just wait 28 minutes (plus cool down)

I just came back from an awesome week-end at Lake George, NY with some friends and kids. Great place, very peaceful. I managed not to look at my emails 2 nights out of 3 :D (as you can see above).

I think this have been the longest downtime for my UM2 since I got it in June... Its printing right now.

I don't know if anyone noticed I haven't been around as much lately but I have also been super busy.

When we got back from the Maker Faire NYC I went to Baltimore with Erik de Bruijn, to participate in the e-NABLE conference. It was so inspiring to be there, all the families building these prosthetics and to see that great community in play.

Anyway, when we got back to the Netherlands, the day later I got the key to my new house so I have been busy moving and doing some work around the house. It is coming together pretty nice.. I have a couch.. an internet connection.. a desk for my Ultimaker. What else does one need eh? :grin:

Tomorrow I am leaving for the 3D Printshow in Paris where I will also meet Didier. Looking forward meeting him.

Is anyone else going as well?

Anyway, from then on I will be more active again on the forums!

For starters I want to get that multi-copter in second gear!

How has everyone else been doing?

Looking forward to meet you too ;) good to know you have your house all tied up with the elementary stuff :)

Considering how much you're moving around I think a caravan would've been a better choice than a house :p

haha but I can't take my caravan with me to the US, so the wheels won't benefit me.

Perhaps I could go for a tent.. but for some reason I think I won't be taken that seriously anymore when

the mailman has to shove my mail underneath the zipper ;)

Nahh.. I am pretty happy with my house.

It is good to have a nice place to go home to :)

I know you guys have already seen this, but maybe someone hasn't. I watch it every now and then for a good laugh

Ho wow! That was a pretty good laugh :D:D

So apparently I'm the only one in Canada to have a FairPhone badge on 3DHubs.

Excellent :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As with the ultimaker badge, I replied to participate but they didn't react to it. The UM badge I really wanted so I wented after it. The FairPhone... Meh :)

Tried the UM badge too, also the Lock Nester one but no reaction :/

At least I've got the fairphone badge (and 3 fairphone orders in the last two days).

OMG I have to check this post more often :oops:.

Guess I mist something....

Fairphone badge????

UM badge???

Lock Nester???

A lot of googeling to do ;)

3dcase on 3dhubs you can earn badges to be shown on your hub. The UM badge is apparently actually verified and review by the ultimaker user after you print something they assign. I got that planetary gear thing :)

Yeah I got the gear as well.

Nicolinux I beat you in reviews :p

http://www.3dhubs.com/montreal/hubs/pierre-marc

And did any of you get an order for an Ultimaker sample yet? I didn't...

but quite some fairphone cases... ;)

And one or two reviews... :p

http://www.3dhubs.com/zurich/hubs/dim3nsions

I have the Ultimaker badge and Fairphone Badge too, printed the gear too it was stolen in Paris at the 3D printShow :mad: :mad:

Anyway i got 3 orders for fairphones nothing for ultimaker at the moment.

Also i just came back from Paris where i joined the Ultimaker team on the 3D PrintShow. If you want to see some pics i uploaded them on my Website (sorry french only for the moment):

Part1: http://www.ideato3d.be/actualites/premier-jour-au-3d-printshow-a-paris/

Part2: http://www.ideato3d.be/actualites/3d-printshow-a-paris-suite-et-fin/