Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
In my case it is recently :D

I forgot to share the stuff here.... so here we go: [attachment=1]servo_coupling.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]servo_closeup.jpg[/attachment]

More about it:

Pictures: http://goo.gl/wQmrH

Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26408

More is coming soon, which makes more sense then.

Cheers

Flo

Florian... huh ?

what are you up to... evil scientist ! :lol: :lol:

a quick snap at what i am up to at the moment.

Basically ultimakering a city :D:D

House by House.

As my ultimaker prints out the next house, I build and prepair the next one, on the office computer upstairs.

what is really cool is, i have the printer in the celler and have a webcam hooked up and live feed being sent to my office computer upstairs.

So as I work and prepair more models, i can monitor the activity of the ultimaker :D:D very cool :D

So here is a quick snap. enjoy.... i hope ?

Ian ;)

I have a similar setup with the webcam. What webcam software do you use? I now use yawcam but it's a little bit crappy so I'm looking for something more suitable. Any suggestions?

a quick snap at what i am up to at the moment.

Basically ultimakering a city :D:D

House by House.

As my ultimaker prints out the next house, I build and prepair the next one, on the office computer upstairs.

what is really cool is, i have the printer in the celler and have a webcam hooked up and live feed being sent to my office computer upstairs.

So as I work and prepair more models, i can monitor the activity of the ultimaker :D:D very cool :D

So here is a quick snap. enjoy.... i hope ?

Ian ;)

I have a similar setup with the webcam. What webcam software do you use? I now use yawcam but it's a little bit crappy so I'm looking for something more suitable. Any suggestions?

I use WatchMyCam, its free and works well for me.

Hope that helps.

:) Ian

that doesn't mean what we're printing is worth showing ;)

not true ! good and bad prints are worth showing, you have no idea of the wealth of information you will get from showing a bad print... first point what are you doing wrong and what can be quickly improved !

and the men are here to help !

Ian :D

http://prive.bitwizard.nl/tl6.avi

Venus' bottom is not flat. :-(

(Yeah, that's a quality you like in real women...)

morning guys.

This morning I finsihed making a very simple and clean cinema4d model of a small building for our bigger current project.

Warmed up the hot end to 230, checked every thing, ran cura, print speed 100, movement 150. 100% infill. with dwindle on.

and ran the print. 1 hour and 3 minutes.

After the model was finished I noticed a lot of strange activity that im not really happy about.

some of the strange things that are accuring this morning are.

(1) the tops of somple square windows still get printed at an angle ?? not shown on cura ??

(2) after a good start base, it seems like there is not enough material getting to the print head, becomes very flaky and then gets better again.

(3) some normal straight walls are being printed to flaky, they are almost unusable ??

(4) after the printer makes the movements for a inset window, the printer carries on the wall, setout, so beside every window, the wall carries on in patterns, this makes the flow of a high wall look completly crazy ?? what is causing this strange effect ??

would it be better to change to using kissslcicer and then bring in the kisslicher gcode into cura for printing ?

i am going to give kisslicher a try this morning and see what it turns out.

our printer is quite well orientated at the moment, so i have a feeling a lot of these weird problems lie with the slicer?

any tips of help would be warmly welcomed !!

thanks guys.

Ian

2 tips:

1. Lower the printing speed to 50mm/s. Yes your print will take longer, but the "scaring" on the side will be gone.

2. Check your belt tension. I'm seeing some signs of weak belts, but this could also be caused by the high speed.

Yep, I think so too:

- Belt tension: Especially check the two small/short ones to the X/Y steppers.

- Printing temperature & speed: Go slower with less temperature --> 70mm/s + 220 °C (depending on the material I would lower to 215°C)

- Infill: Are you sure you want to print with 100% infill?! In my opinion a waste of time and material. I've rarely used more than 25% ever so far.

- Material in general: You as a heavy duty user needs to have the best possible material. As much as I like the Ultimaker material, I think for you especially it would make sense to invest in a big load of faberdashery materials. The diameter is spot on over long streches of filament. Measure before printing (I hope you have a digital caliper!) and your experience will be way better. Also settle on one or two filament colors and understand their behavior at certain temperatures and speeds. Your boss wants to see this running I guess, so get my systematic about your approaches.

- Kisslicer: Definitely worth a try, but it won't fix the issues you're seeing there.

On a side note: I'm in big trouble with four exams in the next two weeks, but we should really catch up on things in a phone call soon. Just call me in the evening sometime and we'll see when we can squeeze in a Germany UM meetup.

Over&our - Flo

Ian, that's exactly the sort of print I had at one time too.

now fixed I'm pleased to say by:

1) switch to Bertho extruder mod. no more variable filament problems gets rid of the sparse perimeter

2) check belt tension by all means, it causes alignment errors but shouldn't cause the spareness problem

3) switch to kisslicer. despite the silly name the difference in quality and speed will blow you away. (sorry Daid)

you should be able to achieve AWESOME prints at 100mm/s. it's speeds above this that will cause problems (I get that same effect now when I reach 150mm/s)

nik

oh wow thanks guys for your great help and tips.

im first testing now

temp 215

print speed 50

infill 25%

will post photos when its finished!

Ian.

ps. Thanks Florian, I will give you a buzz in the next few days !

good luck with your exams !

70mm/s + 220 °C (depending on the material I would lower to 215°C)

- Infill: Are you sure you want to print with 100% infill?! In my opinion a waste of time and material. I've rarely used more than 25% ever so far.

but one thing i have notices straight away as it prints. the tops of doors and windows, still are printing at a weird angle ??

all other lines are fine, just the top of doors and windows and they are modelled so easily, wall, box and bolean action.... job done...

what is going on with these angles ??

Thanks.

so fresh from off the cooker...

a big improvement using the above setting but there are two big problems remaining..

(1) windows and opening are all being printed on the top side at an angle... looks stupid and when the house has 50 windows, looks totally stupid.

(2) more worrying point, the levels of print where windows and openings accur, the walls are still being print deformed all around, so im not getting flat clean walls.... that is also for arch model work.... not good.

the fight continuous.......

Thanks so so much guys for your help.

Ian :D:D

You might also want to try disabling dwindle, I had some quality issues on the outside of a print that went away when I disabled it.

Belt tension. Belt tension. Belt tension.

I chime in, too:

- Belt tension, belt tension, belt tension, especially: small belt tension, small belt tension, small belt tension

- Disable dwindle: I don't like that either anymore (except for retraction testing), anybody knows how far Bernhard & Co got with their firmware implemented "Advance v2" feature?

- Another one: Probably it could help to give the steppers for X and Y a bit more voltage. That having said: Don't just turn up the pots - we'll discuss that on the phone. Upfront... here's a sketch I made to illustrate what we're aiming for when I helped another UM user yesterday:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1awE ... Ebxds/edit

Cheers

Flo

ok i disabled dwindle, and checked the two small belts, seem really tight and the motor screws wont move any more down wards, so I have no idea now how to tension those ?

Will check my new print (without dwindle) and post the results.

Thanks guys !!

Ian

temp 215

speed 50

infill 25%

no dwindle

cooling fan 130

software (cura 12.07)

highspeed copy7692975866

Tata Steel racer:

Guy Negre, 200 bar, air pressured technology concept, with Gomecsys engine technology in a hybrid fibre metal body shell and ultra lightweight high tensile steel by Tata.

Concept Racer for Tata, High power, but low fuel usage. (1:50 variable compression technology patent Gomecsys)

Car concept render in V-ray,

modeled in Rhino printed...on ... The Ultimaker!

In just 1 week I created this 1:32 scale model.

Next step? 1:18 scale model with even more detail and better finishing...

The Ultimaker was my best friend during this job... It printed without flaws in less then 2 days more than 20 objects on ultra q sliced in Nettfabb.

it was printed in PLA by using the ulticontroller.

Hope you like it!

Very nice prints and finishing!

incredible production using an ultimaker.

congradulations.

do you have any production photos of the car before you applied the finished colours ?

thanks for sharing.

Ian

This is my latest print with KISSlicer.

7822554650_649d783d1c_b.jpg

7822553452_9ef153e417_b.jpg

I like this slicer and the generated support structure works great. There are some strange pronounced layers, not sure why this happened. Anyway I'll continue printing with KISSlicer for support models, but for the other stuf I still like Cura best. Especially the project planner :)

There are some strange pronounced layers, not sure why this happened.

Very nice prints. As for the layer shifts, I got these when my platform wasn't held properly in the horizontal direction. It moves when the nozzle hits the print. So maybe wiggle your platform and see if it moves easily.

i had an interesting experience today....

i have just finished, well 90 percent finished a large 1:200 scale model of a new hotel we are building.

The roof and facade design is very complex and i was really delighted to achieve it.

Finished it today and showed it to my boss.

i didnt get a good reaction :-(

they only focused on the negative points... 3 weeks of modelling, printing and cleaning and.... just... naja !

here were there points.

(1) the tops of windows are not clean.

(2) some corners of the model are curled up a little and it makes the model look dirty.

(3) Bceause of the curling corners, the open windows in the walls dont follow a perfect line.

(4) there are balkonies, where there are signs of not enought filmanet getting through...

ohhh thats enough.......

is there any one else getting killed in the process of using a ultimaker for architect models ??

Thanks guys.

Ian :-)

is there any one else getting killed in the process of using a ultimaker for architect models ??
    Nope, but I have had a boss who expected perfection every single time around, payed too little, and expected unpaided overtime.

I left without warning.

Got photos to share so we can judge your prints?

same problem here Ian. I've now given up using UM for prints at work and taken a more reliable route.

it's a shame, but the UM isn't robust or reliable enough to be used this way - you can get a great print one day, and an awful one the next.