general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

I still get them too sometimes. It is a problem which has proven to be very difficult to replicate and therefor solve. Based on our descriptions, screenshots and information they do make attempts to solve it and that is probably what we are experiencing. I have no doubt it will be solved, but it isn't completely gone yet..

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I know now why some people seem to get email notifications and others are not: The email system used to send them is most probably not handling Greylisting correct. I wanted to test that by changing my email to a non-greylisted address but now my username reibuehl seems to be gone and the system shows the new email address as as username.

This forum software is an unbelievable pile of sh.t. :(

@reibuehl, fixed your username for you :)

We continue to look into the email issues.

Thanks for fixing the username! Do I need your help again if I would switch back to my other account later?

BTW: Since switching to the account where Greylisting is turned of, I get the mail notifications. Your mail server seemed to have buffered at least a week of mails (48) for me. So it might be worth to have a look into your mail logs for further debugging this. And maybe in your mail queue - I could imagine that there are larger amounts of mails hanging there...

We are suspecting this. As far as I understand it is bigger than only Greylisting. We are probably going to use a service to ensure all emails get delivered.

I think you should be fine, if indeed you do need help again feel free to ask TheDeugd, or reach out to me.

We are suspecting this. As far as I understand it is bigger than only Greylisting. We are probably going to use a service to ensure all emails get delivered.

I think you should be fine, if indeed you do need help again feel free to ask TheDeugd, or reach out to me.

Are we supposed to get notification emails? If I get a hundred emails all of a sudden to my work email I may get pretty upset lmao

I got a few notifications tonight for threads with no new posts.

However....I want to point out you fixed the Home icon at the bottom of the page (lower right) I really appreciate that!

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

However....I want to point out you fixed the Home icon at the bottom of the page (lower right)   I really appreciate that!

You're welcome :) thanks to community feedback we were able to improve it.

Edited by Guest

However....I want to point out you fixed the Home icon at the bottom of the page (lower right)   I really appreciate that!

You're welcome :)thanks to community feedback we were able to improve it.

Heres a biit of feedback that may not be up your alley specifically but when I reset my password it led me to the 505 error page...but the password did get reset? possibly switch that to a change confirmation screen and when I type in the wrong password on accident it clears the entire user input form so I cant see if I punched in the email portion wrong or the password only clearing the password section would be a bit of a uix boost. Cheers

I thought the broken image link issue had already been solved?

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/10789-form1-experience?page=1&amp%3Bsort=#reply-124030

Perhaps I mixed this up...

The loading time of picture rich posts has improved, but is still not as fast as in the old forum.

Besides, I found a new workflow through the notification bell and found the fixed top bar much more usable than the touchy behaviour before, nice one!

Just one little critic.

When one it's on Prints, there's no 'upload print'

But when one it's on Forums, there's the option.

Does that make sense?

5a33137a1d657_Capturadepantalla2015-11-10alas13_16_39.thumb.png.068d4cea8cbbae4cce6ce7e95d08ef9a.png

5a331379b885e_Capturadepantalla2015-11-10alas13_16_53.thumb.png.56494c1bc8131e344dc3342e13fe27a3.png

Safari 9.0.2 El Capitan

Same happens on iPhone 6 iOS 9

5a33137a1d657_Capturadepantalla2015-11-10alas13_16_39.thumb.png.068d4cea8cbbae4cce6ce7e95d08ef9a.png

5a331379b885e_Capturadepantalla2015-11-10alas13_16_53.thumb.png.56494c1bc8131e344dc3342e13fe27a3.png

No not really ;)

Good point!

Today I have been getting scrolling issues. Scrolling down in the community page keeps jumping back up. Had this on Android phone and windows pc.

Today I have been getting scrolling issues. Scrolling down in the community page keeps jumping back up. Had this on Android phone and windows pc.

Same here on an iPhone and Chrome for Mac

We made some changes to the page yesterday, I'll post some notes later today.

One thing that creeped in was the scrolling bug.

We already know what triggers it, and I actually expected it to be fixed already so I suppose it will be fixed any minute now..

@SandervG Is the placement of the "Buy now" button right next to the notification bell also a bug that will be corrected or do I need to correct that myself by blocking it locally?
    • Like 1

No that is not a bug. Besides all, we are also a shop :p

If you don't want to buy anything, you can just not click it?

What exactly is your problem with it?

It is too close to the notifications button, making it really inconvenient experience - to look for the new stuff under the button?

• Like 1

I agree that the buy now is to close to the notification button.

The placement. If I am in your shop, I want to see it. If I am in your community area, nothing is sold there, so I do not want to see it. I think it was even you that said in a thread, that promoting stuff in the community/forum is a gray area and should be kept low.

• Like 3

I already accidentally clicked it multiple times. I definitely don't want to click the buy now button ;)

Well it's a "smart" marketing move, the only thing they didn't think through was that you get a popup rather than go into the store where you are tempted to buy that new *insert component*.

No it's most definitely not a good placement.