ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

nerdwarrior

Posted · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

Hey guys so it's been a while since I visited the Ultimaker website and as soon as I came on I saw the Ultimaker 3 thing and I watched the vid.

AND I THINK IT'S GOT DUAL EXTRUSION.

That print that they show has some crazy overhangs, and when the color briefly changes towards the end, it seems to show the print stuck in a block of yellowish plastic THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE PVA and I remember that somewhere in the forum Daid or someone (sorry if I got the name wrong) said that dual extrusion was the most-wanted feature and that it would be one great thing to add.

SORRY FOR MY RAMBLING AND HORRIBLE GRAMMAR BUT I'M SO EXCITED.

Can someone please confirm for me that what I saw was dual extrusion?

Sincerely,

nerdwarrior

• Like 1

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it has dual extruder, for printing soluble supports.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS I wonder how they approached it. Prusa and Prometheus System Y-splitter style? Or BCN3D independent extruders? Or something else entirely?

Yes it will be extremely expensive.

First reaction: LOL dat was so good **like for you**.

Second reaction: Well Ultimaker isn't exactly cheap, is it? **sigh**

Second reaction: Well Ultimaker isn't exactly cheap, is it? **sigh**

:)

what is extremely expensive? 5k?

Well I guess the definition of "expensive" varies from person to person.

If Ultimaker went for a simple dual extrusion solution it might still hover around the $2500 mark.

But maybe this time it will reach 3k or sth because of the dual extrusion.

Not sure.

Your guesses?

i think support material will be different to release from the actual print without any damage...

i think support material will be different to release from the actual print without any damage...

What? I'm sorry, but I frankly didn't understand half of that. Damage? To what?

O hey Ultimaker released a new teaser vid with a green and black drill.

Man those colors look crisp!

According to the teaser, it clearly has dual extrusion. But the printed part looks a bit warped, so I guess it has no enclosure.

Posted (edited) · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

According to the teaser, it clearly has dual extrusion. But the printed part looks a bit warped, so I guess it has no enclosure.

Ultimaker has never offered an enclosure (except in the new Advance Printing Kit thing), so yeah, this one probably doesn't have one either.

And warping? I can't really see it. Maybe it's just a filleted edge or a very very slight warp, but I mean, Ultimaker made this for advertising purposes, so they probably didn't use an imperfect model.

Edited by Guest

Well....we can always ask Santa...

I would say it sounds exactly like Zortrax Inventure printer, which is so expensive it is beyond amateur budgets. The word 'industry' appears on both Ultimaker and Zortrax when talking about this printer.

Would bet not less than 4K Euros.

I would say it sounds exactly like Zortrax Inventure printer, which is so expensive it is beyond amateur budgets. The word 'industry' appears on both Ultimaker and Zortrax when talking about this printer.

Yeah, I kinda wish Ultimaker would come out w/ a budget printer or something that's newer than the UMO and UMO+ but still within 1k.

Also, if you look at the 5 Years of Ultimaker page, you can see that the UM3 has much thinner edges for the panels. I wonder if that means they've gotten a sturdier material for the frame.

Damn... my whishlist for Santa is full of... stuff for my wife... DAMN...

Think I have to remove her...... presents - of course... :-)

Maybe next time they release something "whow" and "wana have", Ultimaker team could issue some hints at around eastern so we could start saving money early enough... ;-)

I´m so curious...

• Like 1

Yeah, I kinda wish Ultimaker would come out w/ a budget printer or something that's newer than the UMO and UMO+ but still within 1k.

I'm an UMO+ fanboy, and I wish Ultimaker considered an UMO++, but I guess that would be just an UMO+ with the (UM2+) upgrade kit (which @neotko has already done with very cool results).

For now I'd like to see cool new features, and if possible, I would like even more if those new features were adapted to the UMO(+) by the community! I'm 100% in if someone wants to hack some Ultimakers. :D

Ultimaker has never offered an enclosure (except in the new Advance Printing Kit thing), so yeah, this one probably doesn't have one either.

luckily Ultimakers have always been square boxes, so making an enclosure is super easy....

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker2-top-cover-clips

I'm an UMO+ fanboy, and I wish Ultimaker considered an UMO++, but I guess that would be just an UMO+ with the (UM2+) upgrade kit (which @neotko has already done with very cool results).

For now I'd like to see cool new features, and if possible, I would like even more if those new features were adapted to the UMO(+) by the community! I'm 100% in if someone wants to hack some Ultimakers. :D

True, a UMO+ style kit version of the UM2 or UM3 would be nice.......

And yeah, Ultimaker hacking is awesome (that's kinda why I bought the UMO+ in the first place), but my big issue with it is that you usually end up buying more parts and spending extra money on something that wasn't exactly cheap in the first place.