Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Troki

Ultimaker 4, The next generation of 3d printer

Also, after spending 2 hours cleaning our printer, please remove the dead space below the printbed where only scrap plastic goes and you can't reach to clean! And as said before, please, ultimaker, please, close this da** printer!!!!!!!!! Why was it so difficult to put a door and a fan controlling inside temp?!? Also a better UI would have been good....

4 minutes ago, nallath said:

Because every single profile would need to be changed and re-tested.

I know it is one more parameter, but at least the temperature is controlled instead of now depending of the room temperature, wind, humidity, etc.... Much more stable environment.

By the way this is why we have interns.... ;p

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swissengineer said:

I know it is one more parameter, but at least the temperature is controlled instead of now depending of the room temperature, wind, humidity, etc.... Much more stable environment.

By the way this is why we have interns.... ;p

It's not just one parameter. All of them influence eachother. Just changing the temperature tends to be insufficient. It's something you can do by interns, but that's also not the way to stay ahead. I'd much prefer that our experienced process engineers do the profiles ;)

• Like 1

Well, since we are wishing, I will repeat, give me a reason not to lust after a MarkForged.  Either the ability to lay continuous fibre or at least reliably inset a CF plate and seal it (note - by 'sealing' I mean laying a border of filament to take up any space between the inset stiffener and the surrounding material)

J

I'd look into having the option for the user to mount the material on the side with the extruder towards the front.  making it easier to load the material.  have a heated enclosure as part of the machine.  have a way to open the extruder for easy access for cleaning the feeder wheel whithout having to unscrew the whole thing. Four point bed levelling instead of the three currently used. 

Make the front frame a bit wider making it easier to take out the glass plate.

Add a rubber mat, removable floor inside the printer making it easier to clean out the bottom of the printer. 

just a few ideas