Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Troki

Ultimaker 4, The next generation of 3d printer

Perhaps it should use quality components instead of poor cinese's ones and be assembled by technician instead that by monkeys?

That's would be a GREAT improvements !!

You are entitled to your opinion but please keep our house rules in mind when interacting on our forum. Looking at the tone of this and your previous posts I feel this needs to be said. Thank you for understanding.

Perhaps it should use quality components instead of poor cinese's ones and be assembled by technician instead that by monkeys?

That's would be a GREAT improvements !!

dude, stop being a dick.

you're only posting flamebait and you're being a troll.

the UM uses Misumi components which are japanese and not "poor cinese"

I'm sure that every now and then there are mistakes made when assembling the printers. that happens in every company.

what is the point you are trying to make and can you base it on an actual fact?

and actual fact is that UM scores very high with their printers in their userbase according to the yearly 3D Hubs survey..

• Like 1

To be able to print cookies!?

that's already work - place some pancake dought at the build plate and give it some heat... :-)

That's baking cookies... I'm talking

:p

So first layers of dough, then layers of niceness and finally some icing.

With all the cookie hungry people here at the office, I think we need a few of those printing 24/7 ;)

• Like 1

no micro stepping;

What? No microstepping?

If you take away the 16X microstepping and want the same positional accuracy you would have to add a 16X gearbox. Also I'm not sure if the steppers can run 16X faster - they would need to handle 40,000 steps per second to hit 300mm/sec.

a closed chamber thermally regulated, with closed compartments for filaments like pva....

This, plus:

- Filament that is easily accessible - accessing from the back is a joke

- Firmware that doesn't glitch 24/7

- Cura that actually works quickly and reliably

I bought an UM3 for its reputation for reliability and quality - I mistakenly thought it would be 'print and go' - I've had nothing but problems. At the moment I can't even send a Simplify 3D print via Cura to the printer (using Simplify 3D because Cura is awful). The supported underside of prints are a complete mess, stringy and not flat. I should be able to just print it out of the box perfectly and only mess with settings if I want to - not have to change things because they don't work in the first place!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2