Post your latest print!

IRobertI
Posted · Post your latest print!

Hi everyone

After a very long tim i finally had the time and energy to finish a more complicated project.

Meet God-Zilla - the famous Wrestler.

Its printed in 15 parts in colorfabb glowFill (i absolutely love this material) and painted using games workshop and tamiya colors.

I really like how the paintjob affects the glow effect.

GodZillaGflow

A year on, and the UM2 continues to impress me.

I started a print today with very little hope that it would succeed. It's a leg for my quadcopter. At 170mm tall and 10mm at the toe, stability was going to be an issue. Near the top is a lip which needs to be well formed so the leg cannot be printed the other way up, which would be more natural, Also at the lip, the leg is sealed and as I wanted this as light a possible I turned all support off which means the UM2 would have to print in free space to cover it.

So with little hope I came back 3 hrs later and - Whoopie - Impressed.

leg3a.jpg

leg3b.jpg

Woofy, the capton sticks like hell doesn't it?

Could u tell a bit bout which material and settings u used? Look like 0,2 mm layers, r8?

It sure does.

You're spot on with the 0.2mm layers. I'm Using natural ABS at 250c on a 100c kapton bed. I've now printed three legs, one more to do.

looks really great. That is what tech pioneers do! Keep on!

Today was the opening of a new art exhibition with the title "Ultimaker R2 - Edition".

We are proud to introduce several works of art from a well known artist - his name is |Robert|

Important hint:

All of them are replicas - any imperfections are not related to the artist.

First of all - this beautiful Ultimaker2-implant. The artist called it "Cable Chain".

gallery_38374_1602_59184.jpg

The name of the next exhibit is "Alternative UM2 Feeder - version two"

Please take notice of the lovely curves - and it is very functional too!

gallery_38374_1602_27216.jpg

Next is the awesome "Low friction UM2 spoolholder".

Here assembled to an specifically manufactered rack (for the purpose of a benificial presentation):

gallery_38374_1602_320014.jpg

gallery_38374_1602_474312.jpg

Here is our smallest exhibit. The artist gave it the expressive name "Dust Filter".

gallery_38374_1602_381679.jpg

As a bonus we are proud to present an early design (published under his former pseudonym "sneakypoo") - a real barnfind. You can already recognize the later artifice of the professional artist. The name is "Earbud holder".

In contrast to some comments (if you follow the link) the assembly was very easy and personally i like the "clack" too.

gallery_38374_1602_268542.jpg

Soooo..... back to topic:

Here is our latest print - freshly printed and flavorsome. We decided to give this as a gift to the artist. So we announce regretful that it is not longer shown in the official exhibition.... :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas Robert!

gallery_38374_1602_180583.jpg

I have received no such cake. The cake is a lie!

But thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like them :)

I have received no such cake. The cake is a lie!

The cake is real - i have taken care of it on behalf of you...

I am glad that i could assist.... :p

If i ever travel to sweden i come by and give you a replacement - that's a promise! :)

The cake is a lie!

Portal is, I think, my favorite game. Up there with Myst.

Me too. It is on my absolute top ten list

Hi everybody,

My first attempt to upload some pictures. Thanks to gr5, else I wouldnt get this far. Conclusion: on an ipad is it a mission impossible to add some pictures. The command line above doesnt pop up somehow. So back on the laptop!

Anyway, I hope this link works!!

imageimage

Happy days! Jan

Your album appears to be empty. In this thread there's a video showing how to upload to the forum: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4525-how-to-upload-an-image-to-the-forum/

Is this a Gallery bug?

There are actually two pictures in Jan's gallery, although they are in "Australian" mode.

..... although they are in "Australian" mode.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Me too. It is on my absolute top ten list

@nicolinux: stephenson and suarez are also 2 of my favorite authors. Have you read Stephen Gould's "Jumper" series? Amazing. And the Ender's game series and the first (but not the rest) "shadow" books that go with Ender's game.

These are all easy reads and some say "youth fiction" but awesome none the less. Or the "silo" series by Hugh Howey.

@gr5: I didn't know about the Jumper series. Nor the others (except for the movie...). Thanks for the recommendation. Will be very useful over the next two weeks :)

I guess it's becoming a tradition, so here's this years evil "wrapping" for the money my nephews will get for X-mas. Unfortunately my printer is being a bitch, or it just hates X-mas, so the print looks like crap (looks much worse in person) but I'm running out of time. Still have another one to print and at my print speeds I'll have time for 2-3 more, max. Too bad, wanted to make it look prettier, but, no time left.

Not shown in the pictures is a tiny little ball that rides in the maze. So, naturally, until the ball has made it all the way through the maze the container cannot be opened Not fully at least, that's what the extra cover over the money slot is for. :p I actually don't know if this will be possible to solve if they start sliding it apart before the ball has made it through. Technically it's doable, but practically? No idea :D Worst case you can force it open, which is probably what will happen.

ballMaze1

ballMaze2

You folks are calling these pictures the Australian mode?

I thought I might prepare it already for their sales, already the right side up! :???:

I will try to do European projection next time. :oops:

Jan

I finished a very nice project today...

Background: few moth ago I started again diving into archery - and now the time for reparing the damaged arrows is right.

I designed a fletching jig for accurately placing the vanes/feathers onto my arrows (found a similar design searching a cheap jig...)

Fletching Jig

It consists of 10 printed parts and 2 springs.

Function: choose the green or blue part depending on the orientation of the cock vane on the arrow and nock it, place vane into the silver part and apply glue, place arrow in the two V-shaped colums, press them down to glue the vane onto the arrow... tadaaa...

b.t.w. - printing currently the parts of my "dust cover" to close the top of my UMO...

It's certainly not my best UltiRobot but by far my best with Ninjaflex:

UltiRobot Ninjaflex

Settings: 0.1mm layer height, 15mm/s print speed, 225°C nozzle temperature, 40°C bed temperature, retraction enabled, printed on my heavily modified UMO.

Wow its pretty constant. 225C is pretty low :)

Twisted christmas tree with color changing led 3

Twisted christmas tree with color changing led 6

Twisted christmas tree with color changing led 2

Twisted christmas tree with color changing led

Twisted christmas tree with color changing led 8

Nice twisted christmas tree in natural transparent filament 0.4mm wall thickness and 0.2mm layer height. Lighted up by a color changing LED. Nice!