Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Yeah I won't be using the laywoo-d3 again anytime soon. Definitely not before I have something with a bigger nozzle.

I printed this at 0.25mm, 50mm/sec, 205ºC, 110% flow - according to the advice of the colorfabb dudes - and it printed beautifully. Except for the last cm :) As I mentioned in another topic already the intention is to keep the filament in the nozzle as short as possible as it burns really quick, hence the high total throughput.

@onkelgeorg: By blast cleaning you mean blowing with an air compressor? It looks really cool :)

@Blizz: nice Woodfill print, too bad for the burned part, it looks very different unfortunately, i don't know how to fix that, i had the same problem with some woodfill prints...

And as you said, don't try laywood in a 0.4mm nozzle it won't work

@didier indeed and its not something you can easily fix... The layer has to cool down.

Minimum layer time by slowing down => burnt filament

Minimum layer time by "waiting" (if that is even possible) => filament in the nozzle would burn, you'd have to purge it somewhere while waiting

Perhaps printing some kind of column next to your piece at the same time so that it "gets out of there" every layer for a couple seconds?

The tower would be better i think.

You can also do the cool head lift setting that lifts the head to let the filament cool down but that would risk burning the filament i think.

When i have something to print that ends with a small part like this i always but a small cylinder (5mm) next to it just 1mm higher.

Got my second UM2, This is the first thing I printed. a NEW FEEDER :p

1st print

Printing the Roberts chain guide next,

Then a new bowden clip (the one that slide over one of the knurled nuts on the print head.

Then some rubber feet out of ninja flex.

Am I forgetting anything?

Now is a good time to start printing for Halloween.

This pumpkin in ColorFabb XT using the spiralize feature. To be honest it's my first big print. It took about 4 hours...

Looks like you got some pretty good transparency going on that print. What print settings did you use?

Fans off

250 degrees

Material flow: 120%

Speed: 50, but I tweaked and decreased to 70% of 50. So speed 40.

Layer height: 0.2

And the spiralize feature.

I remember the bottom layers I had less material flow (about 100%) and these layers are more transparent than the middle layers. But I turned to 120% to print the difficult parts with horizontal surfaces.

Oh yeah most important setting: today I mounted your feeder :-).

Solid Print 3D: perhaps a new fan shroud for better airflow and the leveling nut covers for easier leveling? :)

Ultibrain: excellent transparency! Looks awesome.

And another one. This one looks less transparent than the Pumpkin. However I guess this has to do with the design (angles on walls). So there are more reflections.

The bottom layers I had a littlebit problems: too much material. I think I need to tweak flow settings at layer heights.

One thing on my list is to try decrease material flow to 100% and print the object bigger. With a real low speed at 30. To see if I can get more transparance. Probably at the cost of a leaking vase...

The settings for this print are in the description of the image. So if you click on it you see the settings I used.

So far so good....

Hi,

thought it is time to post something. It´s build in 3dsMax and Zbrush. This are not the stl data that can be downloaded from the net. I used some of them for reference, but made this by myself. I hope you don´t mind that it´s just another Iron Man....

P1010002

P1010042

I´m also working on this one:

Foto0201

still needs some sanding and painting...

and here smaller version:

P1010025

Foto0241

Thanks for watching!

Love it :) Especially looking forward to the face hugger and see where you take it. Will you be coating it in thick lacquer or something similar to give it a nice wet look after the paint job?

@IRobertI

that was the plan, but i´m still searching for some clear slime that looks wet after drying...

May be i could use that stuff, that scalemodllers use for waterdioramas, don´t know.....

I have been working on a way to combine my ceramic work and 3D printing. This is the first in a series of bases I'm printing to support bowls that were trimmed without a foot.

Root Pedestal

DSC06647.JPG

This old bird cage remained empty for years. It is a beautifull object and I always wanted to give it a second life, but without emprisoning a bird in it. This led me to print a bird in 3D for it. While searching for examples, I found this very nice model of the famous Eames bird: simple and beautifull.

To make this bird more lively, I lighted it from the inside, so I had to modify the model with Blender to cut a hole in it for the led. The wires for the led are the legs of the bird.

Then, a little bit of arduino programming made it react to it's surrounding changing the color and speed of this light beating heart.

Some info in french here

DSC06489.JPG

DSC06636.JPG

Alright so it's taken me a while to get this made, but here is the making of my cinemassacre 3D print. It's a time lapse video that's about 5 min long.

These look amazing! nice finishing on Iron Man, is that 1:1?

Hi,

thought it is time to post something. It´s build in 3dsMax and Zbrush. This are not the stl data that can be downloaded from the net. I used some of them for reference, but made this by myself. I hope you don´t mind that it´s just another Iron Man....

Thanks for watching!

@UltiBrain: nice pumpkin head, never thought it was printable in Spiralize :) will look cool with some lights inside :)

@Casten: The IronMan looks awesome nice model, it looks perfect great job :) the face hugger is very cute :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i would hate seeing that thing in my bed :mrgreen:

@GothamPixel: Nice project :) the good thing about a printed bird: you don't have to clean the cage :mrgreen:

@Travis: Thanks for Sharing the video, the logo looks awesome. You're lucky that would didn't hurt yourself while painting the chainsaw, it looks very dangerous

iPhone 6

Quick print of an iPhone6 and iPhone6+ for a "pocket test".

Just wanted to know if the 6+ will be annoying to carry around due to its size.

For me, the answer is - unfortunately - an overwhelming yes.

Hardware-wise this is the only of the 2 phones that remotely comes close to the current top range android phones. I was considering purchasing one, but given my level of annoyance it'll have to be a "regular 6" :)

Hi,

Thanks for watching!

THIS IS AWESOME! (or maybe I just love everything that involves Marvel :p) Nonetheless, amazing print + finish!)

Do you also do work for others or do you share the files?

e.g. what are the options for me ever having this in my living room? :D

@braddock: Not exact 1:1 i think it´s a little smaller, but still big enough to impress people. They won´t believe me that this comes out of my Ultimaker2 :-P

@Didier Klein: Thank you, the Facehugger won´t do you any harm! But than, let me think again.......

@Sander: You should see my 1:1 Thor`s Mjolnir i printed last weekend..... Regarding your Question, send me a PM :mrgreen:

Any news about your 3dArtist request?

Have fun,

Carsten

Been a while since I've posted anything... finally glued this together

goran 003

goran 002

goran 001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYyAHgi962E&list=UUByf1gRoFkBQyoZsaVeC7WA&index=1

Awesome!!! What´s the scale of this?

What tools are you using for sanding?

its about 440mm long, just primed and wet sanded, finish isn't perfect, but good enough for a maquette.

Awesome!!! What´s the scale of this?

What tools are you using for sanding?