Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I was just telling my colleague. The level of expertise in this part of the forum is mind blowing!

We need to honor it some more in some kind of way. It deserves more attention.

Depending on how many "worthy" new prints gets posted, maybe you could grab one print a week, get in contact with the printer of the object, and then make a quick post about it on the blog? It wouldn't need to be extensive in any way, just a few quick words about the print and what settings were used.

I'd also like to say that I couldn't have imagined what this thread would turn into when I first started it way back when...

That is cool. I thought about doing some similar roll but for wall painting like it was used in the old days to paint wallpaper. But I assume that would need some flexible printing material and I am far from using such. First I have to learn to get clean prints anyway but that's not so easy I found out.

My first print that turned out well as I hoped.. allthough nothing special of course

CelticSkull L

CelticSkull R

My first test with bronzefill:

Owl - Bronzefill

It's about 7cm high.

Post processing wise I sanded it to get rid of some of the debris, but nothing else yet. I'm considering getting copper polish to try to get it a bit more shiny.

wire holder for hanging the laundry, designed with Autodesk Inventor, simple idea but easy to use. With it you don't need drill, infact you can detach and attach it with a simple movement.

portafilo

I printed one pair with Ultimaker2 in 130 minutes

Been a while since I've posted anything... finally glued this together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYyAHgi962E&list=UUByf1gRoFkBQyoZsaVeC7WA&index=1

That's an amazing level of fine surface detail. How did you preserve it? (when sanding layers off I mean)

That's what happens when I leave for a week to play Destiny, miss all the great content :p

Hey guys,

When I see al the amazing creations posted in this section, I can't hardly compete! But nevertheless I would like to show my latest finished piece: Thor. I already printed it some time ago, and now I wanted to paint it so printed it again (this time at 0.05 layer for better finish). Check it out

Drawing the Paint Sketches

Painting individual Parts

Thor finished!

Thor finished!

Thor finished!

Thor finished!

BaasB > I think it looks fantastic! can you tell us a little more on you paint technique ?

Not as impressive as any of the preceding things, but after a successful print using black filament, I decided to try one in green. Because plants are usually green:

DSC00571 crop

Thanks UltiArjan! I just recently started with painting. I started by reading a lot of websites about miniature-painting. And although the printed models are (much) bigger than typical miniatures, the same techniques can be used. In short, after a good spay-can priming I've put on a basecoat color. So blue or brown for the metal parts, red for details and sand-brown for the main body. After that I've put on the metal colors. Then starting to build up the shadows with darker colors of the basecoat and using "washes" which are very dilute paints/inks which go into all the crevices of the model. The final stage is applying highlights and details with lighter colors to increase the sense of depth of the model.

But I'm faaaar from an expert and wan't to increase my painting skills. If you check out Alex_3D's previous painted print in this section, you're talking about an painting expert in my oppinion ;) That is just amazing!

My focus now is to improve the smoothness of my paintjobs. In the future I will buy an airbrush which will definitely help getting a better smoothness and finish.

Thanks UltiArjan! I just recently started with painting. I started by reading a lot of websites about miniature-painting. And although the printed models are (much) bigger than typical miniatures, the same techniques can be used. In short, after a good spay-can priming I've put on a basecoat color. So blue or brown for the metal parts, red for details and sand-brown for the main body. After that I've put on the metal colors. Then starting to build up the shadows with darker colors of the basecoat and using "washes" which are very dilute paints/inks which go into all the crevices of the model. The final stage is applying highlights and details with lighter colors to increase the sense of depth of the model.

But I'm faaaar from an expert and wan't to increase my painting skills. If you check out Alex_3D's previous painted print in this section, you're talking about an painting expert in my oppinion ;) That is just amazing!

My focus now is to improve the smoothness of my paintjobs. In the future I will buy an airbrush which will definitely help getting a better smoothness and finish.

I go about it the same way you describe, there is nothing special in my technique :p I just drybrush the hell out of everything. And I plan on how I wish to paint it, way back when I model it.

A dragon being consumed by a cloud of noxious fumes:

DSC00572 crop

It actually cleaned up nicer than one might think:

DSC00587 crop

About 50% of the right-side supports (and one on the left) got knocked over early in the print. I let it continue anyways (the printer seemed like it was being moderately successful at having plastic hang in mid-air in the spots where it expected the supports to be) and that was the result.

I'm surprised it came out as well as it did. Though also confused as to why both wings seem to have stopped around the 75% point. I was expecting the left wing at least to complete successfully.

thats strange.... did you check if the wings completed in cura/layer view ?

Yes, the layers looked okay in Cura.

Most probably an issue with the sdcard.

I think it was just bad luck, that the support got knocked over.

I don't think it has anything to do with Cura or an SD card.

For any of you artists who want to get a 5 minutes of fame:

'The Manchester Science and Industry Museum(MOSI) is about to launch a 3D printing exhibition.

We are looking for makers, designers, crafters and artists to exhibit their 3d printed creations as part of an upcoming exhibition. The objects we are looking for are to be suspended in the air and could be finished objects or objects that are works in progress. We just wish to share the diversity and creativity through the variety of objects displayed.

Due to the method of construction of the exhibition we may not be able to return your objects. Although we are happy to discuss this further.

Exhibited objects may be referenced within the exhibition or you can chose to remain anonymous – the choice is yours. For the acknowledgement we need your name and a brief description of the object.'

If anyone is interested, reach out to UGB account (our UK-partners) and they will help you out.

The deadline is the 26th, so time is of the essence!

Hi Guys

have fun in New York!! Great Announcements!

I was very busy at work in the last few weeks, so no much posting from me. But of course, allways following at least this post. FANTASTIC TALENT, GREAT PRINTs, GREAT JOB!

Lego Starwars is sooooo hip at the moment, so I "had" to create something for my kids. :)

Darth Vader's light saber "replica". Designed in 123D Design (Desktop) and printed on my UM1 in est. 14 Hours. 10 different pieces, 15 in total if you count all the black handle / grip pieces. Settings: 1.5 Layer height, 0.8 shell, 50 mm/s. All for my two kids (3 and 5). If you press the button, 2 led's will light up inside (powered with a recharchable 9V battery. It will nicely illuminate the transparent red "beam" (better if it's dark of course). The top part of the blade slides out and holds due to the friction between the 2 parts. All screws together.

lightsaber - darth vader

lightsaber - darth vader

lightsaber - darth vader

lightsaber - darth vader

HAPPY PRINTING!

My dad used to be a truck driver and is - like most of them - a big fan of the Michelin Man (Bibendum). He stopped driving about 15 years ago but when I saw http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:72918 on Thingiverse I decided to print a keychain version of it:

Bibendum

It's about 4cm tall.

cool present idea :-)

Hi,

i managed to paint the smaller version of my Facehugger.

Please excuse the base, i would have used some filler on it, but since it is a birthday present, i had to finish it just in time.

P1010057

P1010048

P1010046

P1010045