Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

My two latest prints are some stamps I've designed for an upcoming collaboration. Before someone says that my UM's printing quality is terrible, I must tell you that the woodfill stamp was printed on a non-calibrated Prusa i3.  :p

I really love the smell of wood filaments, for a moment I forget that I'm melting plastic hahaha. Now I need to test the stamps and make them work. I'll come back here when I finish this experiments and I'll make a comparison between PLA, FlexPLA and Woodfill stamps.

_MG_6565.thumb.JPG.ca8e7e9da8baf2531abefd5176eb6470.JPG

_MG_6565.thumb.JPG.ca8e7e9da8baf2531abefd5176eb6470.JPG

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Tomorrow is the official opening of FabCity / Europe by People http://europebypeople.nl/fabcity-2/ where I will be working for the next 11 weeks. Already printed a lot for this occasion: the Mayor of Amsterdam and the Minister of Education, Culture and Science are receiving a 'chain of office', printed in recycled PET (Refil).

Printed halve of the links flat, solo and the other halve on the side with a pause. In the pause 2 links were added and a printed 'bridge' to fill the gap. A bit of tape on top of the bridge releases the freshly printed upper part of the link.

Printed with 3 printers in 3 days, print time about 32 hours in total.

5a331ad63e10f_2016-04-0714_43_29.thumb.jpg.a6a998ab3d8f9beda11bbc8475eef316.jpg

5a331ad5ecb15_2016-04-1010_21_14.thumb.jpg.69131cba1ed994add0a63b0892d408bc.jpg

5a331ad63e10f_2016-04-0714_43_29.thumb.jpg.a6a998ab3d8f9beda11bbc8475eef316.jpg

5a331ad5ecb15_2016-04-1010_21_14.thumb.jpg.69131cba1ed994add0a63b0892d408bc.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 10

....and walking around!

having there moment of fame,

I always wonder where these 'gifts' end up.... storage, garbage.....

Jet Bussemaker, Minister of Education, Culture and Science

5a331ade91884_2016-04-1110_21_46.thumb.jpg.2814ece6118c2b3a8507a71016a32654.jpg

Eberhard van der Laan, Mayor of Amsterdam

5a331ade4d6a5_2016-04-1110_21_44.thumb.jpg.a88fd6d124540c5f0e698f76427349e7.jpg

5a331ade91884_2016-04-1110_21_46.thumb.jpg.2814ece6118c2b3a8507a71016a32654.jpg

5a331ade4d6a5_2016-04-1110_21_44.thumb.jpg.a88fd6d124540c5f0e698f76427349e7.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 10

Posted · Post your latest print!

Nice work peggyb!

The amount of 3d printed JUNK in the world now, the oceans will soon be filled with decomposing Yoda`s and Star wars crap lol

• Like 2

Nice work peggyb!

The amount of 3d printed JUNK in the world now, the oceans will soon be filled with decomposing Yoda`s and Star wars crap lol

And Low Poly Pokemon! Those are the worst!

• Like 1

Nice work peggyb!

And Low Poly Pokemon! Those are the worst!

Haha yes they are! Every day I see crap like that being printed on my facebook feed. There must be many thousands of tonnes of 3D printed junk out there now.

If my house is already full of it, then im sure landfill is gonna be full of it. Lego landfill here we come....

Lol cloakfiend, so far I have resisted the temptation to just print anything. My printer lies dormant quite a bit, and only comes to life when I have something purposeful to print. Trying to resist the urge to print some pretty cool things though...which even though cool.. i know will just end up lying around collecting dust!

• Like 1

Pff, PLA is biodegradable. That means it's indistinguishable from dirt after 70 years. I wouldn't worry all that much about it.

@PeggyB; Seriously cool!

• Like 1

I`m in contact with a plastics company, starting to get involved with the 3D printer filament world. They seem to have developed an incredibly biodegradable material.

• Like 1

70 years it pretty good. Its an average lifetime, and i just cant help printing anything i sculpt. its an addiction of some sort. Im sure im not the only one.

Realising my digital creations is just too tempting to not do. All my nostalgia can now be recreated and fill my house!

I know what you mean cloakfiend.  I think if I was skilled at Zbrush or something similar...I would be creating awesome characters and creatures.  But...I`m rubbish at zbrush as all my creations are of the mechanical/technically minded :)

Oh edit: cloakfiend I forgot to ask, where abouts in the UK are you?

Edited by Guest

im in london. ive just been playing with zbrush for a few months on and off to tell you the truth, i originally used it to clean up my memento scans as they always needed cleaning up . i just free sculpt at the mo, but ive always loved drawing and am falling in love with 3D sculpting as it can produce things at a speed i could never match in 2d with the addition of being able to print it out . i was seriously ill on holiday in australia so i set myself one day sculpts to try to learn to be faster as i need to improve (hence all my 80s stuff). organic stuff is what i really like as i can knock it out fairly quickly. this is my lasetst attempt, inspired by the 1982 movie 'The Thing'...

20160412_113318.thumb.jpg.3d8743ea8b5f02f19120896710ecd570.jpg

so far so good.....but for the first time ever im using 0.06 with a 0.8 shell instead of my usual 1.2 so it gets done within 24 hrs, just, lol.

20160412_200217.thumb.jpg.361e54af87e5620914b08ad21603dd16.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

FINALLY I can show the stuff we have been designing for Zubi (a handbang company here in Spain that works worldwide).

zubi_springsummer16_products_073.jpg

zubi_hollywood_midi_3.jpg

zubi_springsummer16_products_162.jpg

The last one, the skateboard, it's a 5 process with different layer heights. And the top texture it's a flat layer with only infill with zigzag on s3d.

So happy to finally be able to show it :D!

• Like 6

Nice godzilla!

• Like 1

cool!

looks really good!!

how many do/did you have to print?

• Like 1

looks really good!!

Can't disclose that sorry :D ! But around umm 6-8kilos of pla more or less. We used for this godzilla and skateboard colorfabb black and orange dutch. Now we are printing the next season designs.

• Like 1

looks really good!!

Can't disclose that sorry :D! But around umm 6-8kilos of pla more or less. We used for this godzilla and skateboard colorfabb black and orange dutch. Now we are printing the next season designs.

6-8 KILOGRAMS??!?!?!?

Let's do some math. If you printed 8 kilograms, with a 10% of failed prints, we have 7.2kg of filament used. If each design weights 15 grams, that means you have printed 480 keychains. Am I close?????

• Like 1

Oh maybe. Failed prints tests and more test to get toplayers, less blobs, speed tests, that where easily 6 rolls of bq and smartmaterials pla and 200m on faber. The first prototypes where done on the summer of 2015 and first real batch was printed on December.

I must say also that half of that or more failed prints and test was because s3d process tests, failed setups on my 1.75, or when I found out the problem with the standard feeder and 1.75 and moved to IRobertI. It's been a very funny year from not knowing a think to printprintprint.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1