Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I noticed some phones(BB10 among them) do that to the pictures yes.

Decent R2D2, without any tweaking. I'm sure you can get a nicer print with some setting tweaks :)

what kid of setting tweaks? i am new...lots to learn!

Use the force to guide you :p

The default settings get you going but getting into the expert settings can allow you to adjust depending on the type of model you are printing. You have a new printer so settings could be different to some of ours, I would recommend to print at 30mm/s and drop the temp. Read this and this. if you still find areas of improvement then start a new topic to focus on that to keep this one about latest prints :)

• Like 1

I noticed some phones(BB10 among them) do that to the pictures yes.

Decent R2D2, without any tweaking. I'm sure you can get a nicer print with some setting tweaks :)

what kid of setting tweaks? i am new...lots to learn!

Use the force to guide you :p

The default settings get you going but getting into the expert settings can allow you to adjust depending on the type of model you are printing. You have a new printer so settings could be different to some of ours, I would recommend to print at 30mm/s and drop the temp. Read this and this. if you still find areas of improvement then start a new topic to focus on that to keep this one about latest prints :)

WOW...thanks Labern! lots of reading to do!

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

ultimaker_robot.thumb.jpg.28634303a4fcc91dafc7f03bbade6c8e.jpg

[print=2186][/print]

OK, so this isn't the most creative print... But I'm posting this because I'm pretty amazed by the exceptional print quality I was able to get from a sample of Biofila Linen filament. I'm seriously excited about this filament! To the naked eye, the layers at 0.1 mm are pretty much invisible (although you can see them better in this photo because I used a macro lens) and overhangs don't curl up as they're being printed. The feel of it is really nice, too; it feels a bit like ceramic or stone. I'm surprised that Biofila hasn't gotten more attention on these forums.

ultimaker_robot.thumb.jpg.28634303a4fcc91dafc7f03bbade6c8e.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Nice print! Indeed very clean and no layers visible.

@SandervG Nice way of showing the print! Only the image is bigger and it goes over the user image ;)

Have you stumbled upon somekind of weird bug again? :p

What do you mean?

Ive tried resizing to mobile but it all looks normal.

This! On my phone the green circle goes over the picture, but not on my win10 Firefox43

This week did this as tribute to Bowie and give away on my shop.

image.thumb.jpeg.83f51c2516b9be1ca200d8f94623d218.jpeg

Printed in colorfabb red transparent and blue + a bit of epoxy.

image.thumb.jpeg.83f51c2516b9be1ca200d8f94623d218.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice! For those in the Netherlands. .. the Bowie show is still running in the "Groninger Museum".... impressive overview... been there in December.

And you can see the Joris Laarman show at the same visit....

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Just installed the Heated Bed Upgrade to my Ultimaker Original and wanted to do a long test print.  Overall a good print, it was stringy in areas so I think the retraction needs tweaking.  The surface shows all those zig zags...not sure how to clean that up?  (Noticed the picture of it on Thingiverse looked the same too)

Since I had to add a new printer in CURA, I think I need to search for the tweaks I had as a stock UMO! But, tips appreciated

Put it to work right away  :)

ColorFabb Black PHA/PLA, 210C 40mm/sec, 0.2 mm layers, Bed Temp 55.

5a33166792148_ProtoUno.thumb.jpg.3a2713c41f385b7c906a39a914fe20ee.jpg

5a33166867f4f_ProtoUno2.thumb.jpg.1b513b247ce62d87087a044bc34ebbb4.jpg

5a33166792148_ProtoUno.thumb.jpg.3a2713c41f385b7c906a39a914fe20ee.jpg

5a33166867f4f_ProtoUno2.thumb.jpg.1b513b247ce62d87087a044bc34ebbb4.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Not sure which effect you mean: those arbitrary lines (i.e. the combing lines) or the zone structure in the regular 45deg lines?

The combing

Who wants to get C-C-C-controversial!!

5a331675764f2_Rear1.thumb.jpg.71f1406abd02173dd1459452c8a1c67c.jpg

5a331675915c3_Front1.thumb.jpg.ab46ecf2b553d600145602804bb6bb1c.jpg

Some new rifle sights! adjustable for windage and elevation, however anyone with an extreamly keen eye will realise that, alas, this is not a real rifle, and is a very very heavily modified airsoft gun.

Nice to be able to make somthing myself, that otherwise would have been a £50-£60 expense, when really i dont need the real life accuracy and tolerences for sport shooting.

5a331675764f2_Rear1.thumb.jpg.71f1406abd02173dd1459452c8a1c67c.jpg

5a331675915c3_Front1.thumb.jpg.ab46ecf2b553d600145602804bb6bb1c.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty cool! I should do something to my P90 airsoft replica (got it mainly because I'm a stargate fan).

I got one to scare the squirrels and pigeon out of my garden, lol. I highly recommend getting a telescopic sight, so much fun, and also for blowing up action figures at parties as well, lol.

That brings back memories from the distant past. I remember mounting a laser pointer (which was expensive back then and I was very happy when I got it for christmas) to the side of my air pistol, a Webley Hurricane. I mounted it with cernit clay and steel wire :D Would've been a hell of a lot easier to get something useful with a 3d printer.

And yes, we also shot action figures. He-man I believe it was :p

I shot slugs in the garden and watched them explode :p Seems cruel now but my parents hated them killing the flowers/fruit etc

Yep funnily enough He-man it was for me as well maybe with some action man thrown in for good measure, i do believe there was a mass clearout after it fell out of fashion me and my mates bought loads for next to nothing and had a lot of air rifle parties!!! ;)

I could print my own now but it would be a waste to destroy them straight after.

... but back on topic, im finally finished with this aliens 2 ship. skipped out on a few guns but as a test...whatever.

20160117_231452.thumb.jpg.69b5b56bbd9c853ffa29378ce83720a7.jpg

20160117_231607.thumb.jpg.2d4209ea7e9c41d7cd1ca0a9fb01be3a.jpg

20160117_231452.thumb.jpg.69b5b56bbd9c853ffa29378ce83720a7.jpg

20160117_231607.thumb.jpg.2d4209ea7e9c41d7cd1ca0a9fb01be3a.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

Made a few mods and pimped out my original Ultimaker a bit :p

20160116_200623.thumb.jpg.adefaa2a7df886c503ee1da7a4c21da7.jpg

I really wanted to install Robert's cable chain, so I had to make a mod for it.

Also, I made some reduced ratio herringbone feeder gears for use with SilentStepStick stepper drivers.

If anybody needs some of them I uploaded them on YouMagine page ;)

20160116_200623.thumb.jpg.adefaa2a7df886c503ee1da7a4c21da7.jpg

• Like 2

Nicely pimped out UMO @alex_3d ;)

Edited by TheDeugd
    • Like 1

Ok I admit it, I didnt 3D print this. BUT...i certainly played my part it making Her ;) ultimaker has one more fan to add to the list.

Hello World

IMG_1952BW.thumb.jpg.f5dfabd585c9bd97e2f8d6525a7440c7.jpg

• Like 14

Ok I admit it, I didnt 3D print this.  BUT...i certainly played my part it making Her ;) ultimaker has one more fan to add to the list.  

Hello World

Hi Skint

Congratulations, now the fun part starts....

• Like 2

ah, super! congrats, nature is way better at making things then Ultimaker will ever be :)have fun with the sleepless nights.... she'll be growing up in the blink of an eye (mine are 15 already...)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1