ultiarjan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

I will on Thursday, currently we are in the last steps of testing and implementing any required fixes. Thursday we will go live, and I will use that opportunity to create a list of what survived beta testing and what was added.

I will update this page.

• Like 1

I will on Thursday, currently we are in the last steps of testing and implementing any required fixes.

Need some more testers before going live?

I will on Thursday, currently we are in the last steps of testing and implementing any required fixes.

Thank you for offering! Currently we already have a team but I will keep you in mind for future testing if you want :)

Thank you for offering! Currently we already have a team but I will keep you in mind for future testing if you want :)

Deal!

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Just curious, but i just found myself getting annoyed at the fact that the pages do not move up and down normally when using the side bar on the page especially on the home page with all the quotes from threads not sure if this has been mentioned? It kind of skips to the bottom erratically, and you have to keep scrolling it up every time it jumps to the bottom of the page. very frustrating. again i feel this may be a result of some weird clash with the top bar but not too sure.

Edited by Guest

Just curious, but i just found myself getting annoyed at the fact that the pages do not move up and down normally when using the side bar on the page especially on the home page with all the quotes from threads not sure if this has been mentioned? It kind of skips to the bottom erratically, and you have to keep scrolling it up every time it jumps to the bottom of the page. very frustrating. again i feel this may be a result of some weird clash with the top bar but not too sure.

Could you elaborate a bit more?

• Which OS do you use? And which version?

• Which browser do you use and which version?

• On which pages does it occur?

Thanks for you effort and we will look into the issue you're facing.

I just had a look but I DON'T see it in Chrome/Win7

If i go to the side menu and click on community, and try to scroll down, it always jumps back to the top or vice versa, basically jumping during you moving the page leaving you fighting the direction that the page moves once you start moving it. Im using chrome on a mac, Version 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit) and on OSX Yosemite. Happens on pages with quotes to my recollection, definitely the community page. I seem to recal this happening on my PC as well, win7 pro and chrome again.

Edited by Guest

Can't reproduce your issue @cloakfiend.

Scrolling does behave somewhat strange. Feels like it's lagging / stuttering. But it doesn't jump.

Using Win7 pro 64, FF (also tested with IE - no jumping)

I think it only does the skipping and bouncing around as it is loading, after everything is loaded, its fine. I am just impatience and like to scroll down immediately which is why i think i always tend to see it (even with a very fast internet connection). I don't like waiting for pages to load.....lol i guess that is my punishment

I think it only does the skipping and bouncing around as it is loading, after everything is loaded, its fine. I am just impatience and like to scroll down immediately which is why i think i always tend to see it (even with a very fast internet connection). I don't like waiting for pages to load.....lol i guess that is my punishment

Can't seem to replicate it either.. Maybe you could take a video of this happening or a screencast? That would be very helpful. Thanks @cloakfiend

Very pleased to see the forum overview page is live :)

• Like 2

Hi Guys!

As promised, today is going to be a beautiful day!

We are going to launch some desired improvements in the forum and we will share with you some revealing screenshots of what the future holds for us.

In the last week we went out of our ways to meet several community members in person who were kind enough to share their feedback and valued opinion with us once more.

We listened, took notes and together we looked for the best way to shape our new platform.

In this particular post I will share with you a list of improvements & fixes.

At the bottom I will put a link to a new thread that will host the screenshots of what is coming.

I think it is better to keep these two separated so we don't mix up the feedback and we can keep our focus. I will also copy a summary of these points here.

Before I give you the summary of improvements, I want to emphasize one thing.

The categories page (main forum page), and the topic overview page are improved, but nowhere near their final form yet. We saw room (and huge demand) for a quick win and that is what we build for this cycle. The final forms is accessible through a link a the bottom of this page, and available for feedback.

New features and fixes in the June 4 release

• The blue Ultimaker bar will stay fixed in the top of the page. When scrolling up it will not re-appear in your screen.
    • Print card representation is improved, it now shows the picture selected as main picture and it shows how many pictures are uploaded for the print too
    • Text editor optimization. It now scales automatically, and can be adjusted manually as well. We also changed the font and color to improve readability.
    • Moderators can select a best answer when the OP neglects or forgets, so we can help better to keep information organized. You will thank us when you are looking for an answer ;)
    • Auto generate clickable URL's and embedded YouTube / Vimeo videos
    • Bug-fixes, like no flickering in the text editor when at max size and double click 'post comment' results in 2 posts.
    • Minor visual fixes
    • Fixed migrated HTML content, if you still see some old HTLM, please let us know!
    • When opening a new tab from the white bar Community | Forum | Prints | People it won't refresh your previous tab and won't make you lose content.
    • A quick win in the information density like mentioned above. We believe, although it is not there yet, it is a big step forward. The forum looks much more vivid, alive and accessible already.
    • In this quick win, the button X days ago in forum overview is linked to the last post.
    • Download issues for Cura are resolved. Users who had problems should be able to download Cura again.
    • On the community dashboard page we will now stack replies from the same thread, so we can offer a higher variety of threads on the same page.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think, I for one am looking forward to a bright future.

Let this be the first step.

For a glance into the future, please check out the improved lay out here!

Edited by Guest
    • Like 8

:D It's live! Finally better stuff on the live vs the beta.

Brace yourself, better times are coming

• Like 2

That is bloody not too soon!

Now, the last date updated on the "Community" page is totally incorrect for me. The notifications like "2 days ago" lead to messages from a year ago.

But overall, it looks like it is getting close to be usable again. Probably.

That is bloody not too soon!

Now, the last date updated on the "Community" page is totally incorrect for me. The notifications like "2 days ago" lead to messages from a year ago.

But overall, it looks like it is getting close to be usable again. Probably.

What do you mean with the notifications?

I don't see any of those notifications, let alone sending me to posts from a year ago.

Do you mean this page?

Do you mean this page?

Exactly.

UM_Forum.thumb.png.d38b583d57606866fe6a0776d8644543.png

For example, the highlighted link leads to the topic with the last post from April, 2014.

BTW, a convenient "quick quote" option would be very useful.

UM_Forum.thumb.png.d38b583d57606866fe6a0776d8644543.png

Thank you for pointing that out, must be a bug! The gift idea has the same problem.

Will look into that.

@shurik, we figured it out!

On both topics was a deleted reply, that pushed the topic up.

We have set them back to 2014, and we are now building a fix to prevent this in the future :)

@shurik, we figured it out!

On both topics was a deleted reply, that pushed the topic up.

We have set them back to 2014, and we are now building a fix to prevent this in the future :)

@SanderVG - some great improvements!

the @ is not workong for me to post (as you can see)

The 'latest' forum messages appears not to have latest "since last visit"?

Thanks

James

Two new bugs came with the june 4th update

1. Clicking around between forums logs you out (chrome, win7)

2. this forum post does not show anywhere except I can find it under my "following" filter since I started this port. this should be showing under

Community > Forum > Software and Firmware > Marlin

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16201-is-the-umo-firmware-1502-maximum-feedrates-for-e-too-low

Edited by Guest

2. this forum post does not show anywhere except I can find it under my "following" filter since I started this port. this should be showing under

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16201-is-the-umo-firmware-1502-maximum-feedrates-for-e-too-low

Its moved to the first page now.

Its moved to the first page now.

Did someone just fix that? It's been missing since yesterday, and I looked on computers and mobile device too. I wonder what other posts have been lost.