3D printing forums

1. General

1. Official news

Updates from Ultimaker HQ

1. UltiMaker Cura

The world's most popular 3D printing software. Made together with the community. 

Our line of reliable 3D printers 

Thingiverse is the world’s largest online library of 3D printable digital designs.

Explore this never-ending world of choice

1. Improve your 3D prints

Help, tips & tricks

Discuss and learn about CAD & part optimization

Food & beverages, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Education & Research

1. What have you made

Share your latest project

Introductions and 'how was your day?'

Inside information about how and where to buy

1. Nederlands

Welkom op het Nederlandse Ultimaker forum

Herzlich willkommen im deutschsprachigen Forum

Bienvenido al foro en español

Bienvenue sur le forum francophone

Se sei in grado di leggere questo, sei nel posto giusto

これを読めれば、ここが正しい場所です。

• It's a known problem that if you use glassfill (GF) or carbonfill (CF) filaments it can grind down your feeder teeth.   Here's how you test your feeder: insert filament only half way down the feeder.  Have the feeder engage - I don't know how to do that on the connect but on some UM printers there is a MOVE command.  Turn that enough for the motor to engage.   Now pull down hard on the filament.  On a working, good UM2+ feeder it takes about 10-15 (about 6 kg) pounds of force to get the filament to slip through the feeder.   I recommend lifting a 10 pounds/5kg weight before and after you get the filament to slip.  Or you can squeeze a weight against the filament to see if the feeder can hold the weight.   Other common problems on a UM2 that happen after 3 years:   replace the teflon part.  Especially if you have been printing at temps above 210C.  It may look fine but it gets soft where it touches the heater block.  This part should be replaced about once every 500 hours of printing.   Check the front fan (not the side fans).  Make sure it spins as soon as the nozzle is > 60C.  The symptom for a broken fan is that it prints fine for 5-20 minutes and then starts to fail.   I have a list of >20 other possiblities but start with these 3.
    • Good night I have had an ultimaker 2+ connect for about 3 years and it has worked very well for me. Recently, I have been experiencing serious problems printing parts. The part starts to print and fill correctly, but after 3 or 4 extrusion passes, the filament does not fill correctly. The walls normally extrude well. I have checked the extruder and tensioned it. Checked and tensioned belts and lubricated all axles. Nozzle changed, same result. Another filament, same result. Factory reset same result. Other gcode same result. Clean installation of cure with the latest version, same result Say that I have been using technical material (fiberglass) about 5kg with the ruby mouthpiece. I can see wear on the metal grinder in the extruder, although I don't know if it is enough for this to happen. I would also be interested in improving or updating any part if necessary. Has anyone had this problem? Thank you  
    • I've had the same issue with this specific error.  Previous print ( a couple hours prior) did not generate this error.    - Loaded STL from thingiverse - Adjusted size (increased by 125%) - Sliced - Sent to cloud attached printer (again, been printing fine up to now) - Just checked an Printer shows off line, which has happened before but has not returned this error.   My log is attached.   cura.log
    • Hello, I am currently trying to generate some Cura profile files (*.curaprofile) for a custom tool but I have some issues with the format. There are headers with characters not recognized on NotePad++. I attached an image showing the unknown headers starting with "PK". Does anyone know how to recreate those characters or avoid using them? Thank you 🙂
    • Why not just use the mb version of Cura?  It's okay to have multiple versions installed at the same time.   If you are a software programmer you can learn how to use the tools used to create cura.  How to build Cura is not trivial even for programmers.  There are articles on this forum about how to do it and experts who can help you but they aren't going to teach you the 300 steps. But if you get stuck on a particular step e.g. a linker error, they can offer suggestions.   Instead, why not just use the mb version?  The last time I compared the mb version and the UM version, the mb version was much better at nicer looking prints.  
  • Topics