Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
Yeah, it's not easy... I don't see how I could get this to work with just two mould pieces, it'd get stuck in there. I'm thinking I have to have two main pieces and then a third coming in from the side to create the cavity where the buds are stored. And I'm guessing that will raise cost a fair bit.

Are you doing all the mould making and casting yourself? Have you considered using silicone mould? I've used that for a more complicated project and because it's flexible, you can keep the mould to 2 parts. You paint on coats until you get a thick enough layer then you make a plaster mould around the silicone to give it a hard case. After that you just cut the plaster and silicone parts in half with registration points.

And unfortunately I can't even afford 1 of the $200 ducks. lol

hey, Ian is back, and designing some sexy stuff it looks like!

thought we'd lost you to google Ian.

good morning :-)

no im not away, i just was a little frustrated with what was happening here on the forum, so i took a little holiday on google groups :-)

But it seems like the guys have the forum now under a bit more control.. :-)

and yes im still quietly desigining some cool little things for my ultimaker.

i am still in the middle of desiging a all printable option B extruder to Berthos.

Not because Berthos extruder is not great, actually its bloody brilliant ! but just fishing around with a different approach.

Should be finished and released on my thingiverse channel before Christmas :-)

best wishes.

Ian :D

actually I'm after a printable extruder Ian, so I'd love to test that when you're ready (if you're up for it).

I saw y'all were discussing metal hotends, printing nylon, and new slicers over on google. guess the guys there don't realize we've already done all of that right here on this forum - they're missing out on so much by not being here.

you might like the new slicer that's coming - it handles negative space correctly, so no more heartache for you.

nik

my new and updated ultimaker cooling fan shroud.

Ian

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35365

can you supply the drawing as a DXF, I really like the design, but want to change it a little into a snap-on version :)

or if you are willing to make the changes.

my idea is to make the lower holes 3mm to insert onto the 3mm rods, and the top holes open, so it can snap-on the 3mm.

that's definitely a novel idea there Ian!

I'll await the stl with excitement!

ok i had a little more time this morning and have updated the ultimaker santa robot....

NOW WITH BEARD !!!!!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36806

and stl and cinema data !

Ian ;-)

My Progress building a DI Wirebender machine.

My Progress building a DI Wirebender machine.

I love it. Where did you get the plans? I cannot seem to find them online.

IMG_20121220_135850.small.jpg

First test for my own set of Carcassonne tile set. Printed on a single extruder Ultimaker with the pause at height function of Cura to switch colors.

Nice Daid! How's priming the printhead working on that? Also, how close of attention do you have to pay to it? If you leave it sitting for ten minutes before you realize it has paused are you going to be dealing with issues?

It moves the head away when pausing, so you can prime the head yourself by pushing filament trough it. I didn't raise the head in the code yet, so I was having issues priming it correctly, and the road has a nasty scar by the brown.

I changed the code so it also raises the head when pausing, still need to test this. My plan was to have the fields green, the road brown, the shield blue, the streets gray and the houses and walls red. But because color swapping at the lower layers was difficult I didn't go for the blue, and the brown ended up as shield. Still, proves that it works :-)

I have designed most of the 72 tiles for the basic set now. Except for the T crossings, X crossing and the cloisters.

Daid,

A little off topic but, I have wondered for some time now, how do you play Carcassonne using these tiles? When I've played you pick tiles facing down to get a random tile, doesen't seem to work with 3D-tiles.. Oh well they are nice anyway

Johan

Just played with the plug-in a bit (especially nice for allowing you to create new support that are easier to remove than printed material...) and I'm liking it a lot. Any incorporation into the UltiController firmware? It would be cool to utilize this code as a pause print function!

Finished off my fume extractor that I started on like 6 months ago.

I offered to send some scrap pieces to a guy that is thinking about getting a 3d printer. I also decided to print out a few test pieces with different layer heights to give him an idea of resolution. These are (if my 4th grade handwriting didn't give it away already) printed at 0.02, 0.1 and 0.05mm.

Do I get a cut if I sell him on the Ultimaker? :)

Do I get a cut if I sell him on the Ultimaker? :)

We do offer free paper-cuts ;-)

Note, we are lucky to have an awesome community that does stuff like this!

Hi everyone!

Finished building my new Ultimaker yesterday after 3 days of fun labor (took my time, sanded every piece, built it lovingly).

Got my first print off this morning and I'm very happy with the results. This is using the default "Normal" Cura settings. So happy I didn't have to fiddle with settings to get a decent print, like I had to do with a Thing-o-matic I helped build a year ago for a friend.

A magnetic PCB holder thingy.

A magnetic PCB holder thingy.

Interresting design, care to share the files?

robert how did you finish these ?

the surfaces look incredible !

Ian :D

How I finished them? Well... I pulled them off the platform :p Remember that the tiny images hides the flaws. I've attached a couple of 100% crops that will show that it isn't as perfect as it looks (hopefully you'll be able to see something with the annoying picture viewer on the forum). This was printed with the PLA I got with my Ultimaker originally and it's a bit inconsistent and moody. I sliced it with KISSlicer at 0.2mm layers and set print speed at something like 100 infill and 50 perimeters but I ran it at 170% because I was impatient so whatever that ends up being with acceleration and stuff.

did no one print any thing cool during the christmas holidays ??? no... every one ran out of PLA, printing decorations for the tree ? ;-)

Ian