A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

That's awesome Ian... it sounds like the new job is worth the minor hassles to begin with. Mine too :-) Good luck sorting everything out, and we look forward to having you back in the fold when you can.

Yep sounds great Ian, i`m glad you finally got out of your old crappy job! I couldnt imagine no internet in my office, what else am I supposed to do...work? :p

Last note.. Aaron !!!! send me an email please with your contact info and dates your in Berlin... if thats the weekend I will drive my irish ass up to the Big Smoke... and have a good laugh with you... would be brilliant !!

Hey man, same idea here. Let's bother Aaron together :)

Meine lieben Freunde!

There's very good chance I can organize myself to Berlin this summer. There are two things to consider, though:

1. Despite being born once in what is now Belarus, I do not drink. No beer, no wine. A rare genetic mutation. :-)

2. Most probably, I will show the city to my 12-year old son.

Other than that, I would really love to meet all of you guys who have helped me so much and whose wonderful works have always inspired me.

Please, let's set the date for a DeutscheUltiFeierTag! It's not 100% yet, but I'll try to get myself organized.

Wow this is gonna turn into the first unofficial Ultimaker convention in Berlin :)

Btw. +1 for no beer & all.

guys.... for all the guys that are not drinking !.... can I have your beers ?? ;-) LOLLL

Nicolinux - It doesn't have to be unofficial, after all. The Netherlands are not that much far away to send someone to Berlin. Well, relatively not far.

Ian - bitte Sie! I do like Irish Cream though.

Just let me know the date, I need to check my options...

I've been to NEXT Berlin on official UM business. So there is precedent of sending employees to Berlin ;)

They say pullups are good for building muscle, all I'm building are these. Dammit... :p

IMAG0401

Also, I forgot to post the best thing from E3. I fucking love this trailer :D

lol cool trailer robert

good morning lads !! :-)

Today in Bavaria is a bank holiday.. so i drove up to Leipzig last night on the Autobahn.

Took the FrIday off as a holiday.. so have 4 wonderful beautiful lovely days of relaxing having fun and doing what I want.. hehehehe :-)

I also want to get my beautiful ultimaker2 running today... Havent used the little beauty in 3 whole weeks.. well since I started the new job.... oh my god...

Anyway... did we get exact dates from Aaron.. I guess we are planning our little Berlin meeting based on his stay... sounds good to me...

I hope we can really organise and do this.. would be super fun to meet all you guys in Berlin... and convince you all that I am a normal respectable irish man !!! ;-) HEHEHE

@Robert.... As I was sinking my teeth into a home made Bavarian Snitzel with potato salad and a big white beer.. I was thinking of your sports !!!.... RESPECT !! ;-)

So guys... have a really beautiful day.

Big hugs.

Ian :-)

I have a question for you guys....

I am flying into London on the 17th of July this year late in the evening. (Thursday night)

I am with 4 friends and we all have tickets for the big Monthy Phyton Show in the o2 arena London on Friday evening.

Problem is.... We will be getting into London at 1AM Friday morning.. By the time we are in London it will be 2AM atleast.

So its kinda stupid to book a hotel room for 5 people.

So my question is... what could we do ... ?.... 5 lovely people need either something to do or a sofa to lie our heads on for a few hours.

My friend suggested we just stay and sit in the airport for 8 or 9 hours and then go into London.... 9 hours sitting in an airport is like.... NOOOOOOOO :sad:

Are any of you guys in London ?... want to rent your sofa and kettle for a few hours to some loveable germans and an irish chap... ?... I know it sounds like a dream come true right ! :wink:

Ian :smile:

Hey Ian, you're almost two months early! The 3D print show in London is begin of September... ;)

If I was in London you would be more than welcome. But I`m 120 miles away :(

Hey guys, alright maybe I'm going crazy but I can't even find the post where I mentioned Berlin? :shock: I could have sworn I posted the dates I was going to be there. I also may have said August? I really don't know what happened with the dates. Officially, I'm getting in on Tuesday the 9th and leaving Sunday the 14th of September.

I'm sending the people interested in meeting up a PM with my contact details and such; it's going to be great to see you guys in person!!! These last couple of days I've been ill, but I spent almost all of last week days trying to print out of PVA from multiple manufactures, with obvious different chemistries and/or manufacturing processes (clear and opaque), and with every setting configuration I can think of or find online! Blarp, it's impossible! Today though, today I got my my spool of HIPS and it printed flawlessly! Currently I have a test soaking in d-limonene, I guess I'm going to have to get accustomed to the smell of oranges; not good for my stomach right now :???:.

I'll definitely be as flexible as possible on meetup dates :D. How about you guys PM me a day that would be good and we'll figure something out from there? So far I have a vote for Saturday if I didn't post the wrong dates earlier. This will be so cool! We can drink beers and do German other non-beer drinking German stuff :D. Those who cannot join will be celebrated in spirit.

Also, cool video IRobertI; I always love the daytime zombie games; L4D2 has some of my favorite levels.

One more also, I finished the glasses tutorial, it's over yonder: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3932-designing-a-new-set-of-glasses-frames/?p=57088

Well, September vs. August makes a piece of difference.

In September, there are already schools studying, it is out of the question. :-(

Anyone to come over to Berlin in August, perhaps?

Extra Blarp! Sorry I posted the wrong month, I don't know what happened. Last night I had a little freak out because I thought the conference was really in August and my non-refundable plane tickets were booked for September I almost had a little heart attack. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

On a similar note, my paper was officially accepted; albeit with a couple of reservations :mrgreen:.

Hey guys, no one posted anything here for a whole day! Just saying hey :mrgreen: and I hope everyone is doing well.

The Monthly Print Challenge (MPC) thread looks like it's getting a lot of people interested so I'm definitely excited about that! I can't wait to see the printing strategies people conjure up.

MPC FTW i like that :mrgreen:

A couple more minutes and i'll be in weekend. Hopefully i'll find something interesting to print and time to do so too :)

I been really busy lately, haven't printed anything. I will hopefully have some spare time at the weekend to have a go at the MPC bracelet.

Good Lord! 26 pages and I haven't even said hello on this thread.

Rainy and miserable here in Florida.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Welcome to the crazy thread Chrisp :p

Ahh, it's Friday morning over here and I'm looking forward to a weekend of sweet printing! Lately I've just been crashing at home after work and need a little R&R.

If it makes you feel any better Chrisp, it's muggy and hot over here in VA; it's like walking through a hot sponge :???:.