Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Hello!

I am making some chesspieces out of different materials. In the picture are mainly stucco pieces but some concrete ones. The stucco pieces are very brittle, I heard that dropping some superglue on the pieces might reinforce them, I might try that

plan on making 4 complete sets, concrete, stucco, resin and candle wax. Anyone has some other material suggestions?

OS0wyDS.jpg

Hi,

i managed to paint the smaller version of my Facehugger.

Please excuse the base, i would have used some filler on it, but since it is a birthday present, i had to finish it just in time.

Awesome facehugger!! Let me know if you share the model :)

Successful 40 hour print (0.12mm layer height, 35mm/sec shell speed, 75mm/sec infill speed, 10% infill because I needed something to support the bottom of the eye sockets otherwise would have done completely hollow):

DSC00615 crop

DSC00621 crop

Worked on the second attempt, after I installed my super high-tech solution to the 'dust on the filament can clog the nozzle' problem:

DSC00614 crop

More prints for my godchild/niece:

Baby

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:166802 :)

It's a rattler, printed some peas to put in there during the printing of the head.

Peas for the mace

Peas for the mace

It's the fully closed version to make sure they won't fall out if the handle should come loose. I've printed it with a 1.2mm shell to make sure it can witstand manhandling, because I'm fairly sure she'll use it to smack her 2 brothers around :)

You should bring it with you to the Ulti-evening if you are coming :)

The rattler or the godchild? :p

Check it out I made this thing yesterday. The outer shell didn't print that well I think it's because I moved my printer to an area where my window was open and creating a draft.

IMG_20140929_213517-1024x713.jpg

It unpacks to this:

IMG_20140929_213747-1024x666.jpg

And assembles into this:

IMG_20140929_213947_edit-580x482.jpg

For effects shots you sometimes need lighting and scale reference to make your life easier. You shoot a chrome/grey ball and match it in 3D so that your CG elements match your plate. This little kit gives me everything I need and protects the chrome/grey ball when not in use. (it's suspended inside the box)

The balls are spray painted christmas ornaments.

It packs away to this:

IMG_20140929_213551-1024x571.jpg

The best part is, since it's already a 3D model, All I have to do is import the model into my plate later rather than measuring/guessing the scale.

Not my latest print but wanted to share anyway :)

My daughter wanted to paint something so i proposed that she painted the Cute Octopus i made in Colorfabb Woodfill fine a while ago

20140929 184151

20140929 185317

20140929 185422

She's a better painter than myself :mrgreen:

I think it was just bad luck, that the support got knocked over.

I don't think it has anything to do with Cura or an SD card.

Yes, I think you're right. I gave it a second try, and this time I watched as it printed the skirt and added some extra glue in each spot that it placed a support. Worked better:

DSC00642 crop

DSC00657 crop

DSC00647 crop

Though I do think that Cura should be more clever when it issues a 'G0'/travel command and either 1) route the printhead path around parts of the object that are in the current layer as opposed to straight through them, or 2) lower the buildplate slightly before issuing the G0 and then raise it back after the travel completes.

use Z hop when retracting in the expert settings

Just finished the bulk of the printing for a master chief helmet, not sure if i going to paint it as i kind of like the translucent red took about 50 hours.

Still waiting for a different material to print the visors and inserts

Master Chief Helmet

Even unfinished every one who sees it wears it round the house and loves it

Its glued with super glue and seems to be pretty strong

was amazed these even turned out, so I thought I'd share. They are smaller in person, and look better too. Hard to photograph micro prints like this.

traffic barrels

Simple Downlight

Body: ColorFabb Woodfil Coarse (which sadly never made it to bulk production) and BioFila Linen

Diffusion disc: ColorFabb XT

Light shade (inside, not visible): Formfutura Flexifil

Printed with a 1 mm nozzle (diffusion disc 0.4 mm)

Light source: LED panel 100x100 mm, 2000 Lumen (equals approx. 120 W halogen)

gallery_5589_458_217206.jpggallery_5589_458_117335.jpggallery_5589_458_77556.jpg

Simple.. but lovely finish foehnsturm

Wonderful lamp... Congratulation!!!

@foehnsturm: Do you use that 1mm nozzle on a different printer, or do you simply replace the "normal one"?

Awesome print btw!

It's a heavily modified UM original: Merlin hotend, crossflow fan, Flex3Drive flexible shaft. Here is a

The Merlin hotend uses airbrush nozzles which are available from 0.2 to 0.4 mm and I have had manufactured my own batch with 0.6 to 1.0 mm.

I also made a lamp. I made the mold using the ultimaker, casted with concrete.

You can still see the layer lines and the mesh polygons in the concrete.

apologies for the bad images.

J6x3Ce5.jpgLWMwwxh.jpgm1PSvfo.jpg

This must be lamp week. Lookin great! The wood/linen combo is wonderful.

@ Ignace De Keyser how did you cast the lamp? did you burn the PLA off later? Is that not heavy/fragile?

I think this will be an human inner ear ;)

Wow, nice call! Free beer for you when you're near Utrecht!

00BinnenOorSupported

01BinnenOor

@valcrow

I started with burning it out, but the fumes made me dizzy so I attacked it with a stanley knife. Does anyone know if the fumes are toxic? It was PLA. The lamp itself is quite heavy,I estimate 3kilos or more. I didn't test it's fragility incase I break it, but it seems quite strong.

@valcrow

I started with burning it out, but the fumes made me dizzy so I attacked it with a stanley knife. Does anyone know if the fumes are toxic? It was PLA. The lamp itself is quite heavy,I estimate 3kilos or more. I didn't test it's fragility incase I break it, but it seems quite strong.

Next time add fiberglass fibers to the mix and it will be far stronger and even if you crack it the fibers will hold it together