A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Great work gr5.  Lovely to see anybody involved in such charitable work and good causes.

Oh P.S. I would love to have a go at an enable hand too!.. but my UM2 is giving me plenty of trouble lately ;( Think my original nozzle has finally died and my feeder seems rather dodgy... i need to make time to take the whole thing apart and give it some TLC!

Edited by Guest

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

are you saying my aggressive sales technique worked? :p

You can buy it here.

Couldn't you find it, or were you to lazy to be bothered?

Your country settings should be set to UK, and if you go to products > add ons > extrusion upgrade you are being directed to that link.

Does that make sense to you?

• Like 1

so wish me luck. i have embarked on my longest print ever today (14 hours 45 minutes!) the longest i have done so far is probably only 8 hours!

Cool. Its a bit nerv racking on you first long print. Will it make the distance???

My longest is 24hours. Turned out ok but my settings could have been a little better.

it worked, a little over schedule (15 hours) but it looks great. shame its a mechanical piece, not aesthetic so will need tweaking. ran into some issues that looked like underextrusion high up, but turnedf out it was just thin bits of the print wobbling as the print head passed over them. the next version will have those bits smaller and lower down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yoinks I seem to have unusually long prints then.. 12 - 18 hrs is quite common for me. I aim for 16 hours so I set it when I leave and come back to a spectacular print! (or spectacular spaghetti monster) we do a bunch of 40 hr ones too. I have to say I feel much more comfortable doing those with the 2+.

(this spaghetti monster was user error)

• Like 1

Yoinks I seem to have unusually long prints then.. 12 - 18 hrs is quite common for me. I aim for 16 hours so I set it when I leave and come back to a spectacular print!

Wow! What's that print? :D

I think it was some enclosure for an industrial scale. A company had a highly modified Gmax printer that kept failing trying to print it so we made it for them as a print to order. Needless to say they were impressed with the Ultimaker print and re-thinking their Gmax. :D

It was printed on UM green PLA. Probably one of my favorite UM colours.

The first print, I messed up the custom supports which is why it exploded half way through.

Here is our very own @LePaul at the opening to batman versus superman a few days ago. He's the one in the batman costume.

batman.thumb.jpg.b3f3a1a31d4cadd3ca89df0375b5a273.jpg

batman.thumb.jpg.b3f3a1a31d4cadd3ca89df0375b5a273.jpg

• Like 3

Damn, I was hoping it was the other cosplayer (canceling OKC search) :D

• Like 2

Thanks guys! We raised a good amount of money for charity (Children's Miracle Network) on our Friday and Saturday night appearances. It's a very heavy suit to wear, plus a ton of waterproof mascara around the eyes to match the movie look (Wonder Woman had her makeup off way before me at the end of the day!)

The professional photographer took some great pictures. I still need an Ultimaker Extended to print the grapple gun out :)

One of my favorites...

3amigos.thumb.jpg.eee8cea1b833b527ca44a061d0279b9c.jpg

3amigos.thumb.jpg.eee8cea1b833b527ca44a061d0279b9c.jpg

• Like 4

wow very cool. Is it your own suit?

... did you drink a lot of heavy liquor and smoke cigars to match his super low dark voice?

Wonder woman looks great too.. can't help but feel Superman took the easy way out ;)

Yes, my suit. Bought from a company that makes replicas but it was a mess when it arrived. I had to completely take everything apart, find suitable adhesive and then upgrade the cowl and cape to movie spec (managed to find some people who knew the production team & process). Took a year to complete.

Voice...yes, I can imitate the punched-in-the-throat voice :)

Hey, Gentlemen!

What nozzle size do you frequently use when you have these Marathon-ish prints?

So far, the long prints I've done have been fairly detailed so I've only used the 0.4mm nozzle.

The longest print I've done was just under 30 hours.

I'm in the process of printing this Toyota engine http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:644933, I've printed everything except the block which is a 35 hour print with the 0.4mm nozzle, I may go up to 0.6mm not sure yet.

I have used the 0.8mm for vases and bowls which saved a huge amount of time and the quality is really nice!!

5a331a89d198b_WP_20160405_10_17_35_Pro_LI(2).thumb.jpg.2941953f043f2a681d35d4e17645ec88.jpg

5a331a89d198b_WP_20160405_10_17_35_Pro_LI(2).thumb.jpg.2941953f043f2a681d35d4e17645ec88.jpg

• Like 2

I mean COME ON! Who places a crappy order on 3dhubs and asks for a student discount! Answer is NO! lol

I have been doing some contract design work recently for a hardware company, they design and develop products for the window and door industry (locks, handles, letterboxes etc ).

Today I went to a large exhibition to see a few people and visited one stand in particular....What did they have on their stand?....Only a flippin UM2 up and running printing samples :)

• Like 1

.Only a flippin UM2 up and running printing sample

Photos please?