A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?
Nicolinux, on 30 Apr 2014 - 3:16 PM, said:

Just kidding, don't take this seriously. I do not imply that the Mac is superior hardware wise. It is just the complete package that's better than a PC.

I do also have a gamping pc and I am very glad that I can swap pieces out when I want to upgrade. But I have to use Windows and this sucks. But that's ok for starting games.

Got to disagree with you entirely I'm afraid. There's a wealth of software and hardware available for pcs which makes them far more customisable and flexible. But as in all walks of life - each to their own ;-)

I guess for me anyway, the biggest part of the Mac vs PC argument is the cost. Like I suggest, the top of the spec mac is approx. £2200 before any upgrades. I Know I could buy a PC equivalent laptop for about £600-700 ( my dell xps 17 was a great spec )... BUT, its dead lol... so maybe the 2200 is worth it for a longer life span.

I have used windows forever... and pcs forever. I have had lots and lots of errors and downtime. My GF has always used mac`s, I rarely hear her complain about it. :shock:

Ahahahahaha, I just did the Pilates workout. Glad no one could see me :D There's a good reason there's mostly girls doing pilates, the flexibility and coordination you need is crazy. It's a great core workout but damn, my body spent the majority of the time questioning what I was telling it to do. If I had more of the flexibility and body control I'm sure I'd get more out of it.

Hey guys, I drink a lot of coffee and thought I would chat it up with ya'll. I know I was away for a while; blarp, I had many things meticulously planned out in my life then work swallowed me up like a title-wave. For several weeks I was just sleeping and working with very little of anything else. I took some time off to reset and that helped, but work got hectic when I returned and all the problems started up again.

Things were really stressful up until today when I had a long heart to heart with my boss and he was very receptive. I finally feel like things are smoothing out and that I can breath and enjoy my personal life again. Anyway, I'm pleased to see all the activity in the forum recently and specifically this thread.

On another note I found an online company that makes glasses lenses. You send them your prescription and frames and they populate them with the lens type you choose (plastic, glass, coatings, tints...). I sent them my old frames and requested actual glass lenses because every pair of glasses I've ever discarded was because they were too scratched up (even with a scratch resistant coating), and glass is really scratch resistant. The cool thing is that they said if I sent them 3D printed frames they could try to populate those as well, so theoretically I could print out any style of frames that I want and get them filled with prescription lenses. I'm getting my frames back probably around Monday, I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.

Hey Aaron, glad things are starting to relax a bit. It`s difficult sometimes to remember that work is a means to do other things, it should not overtake your life. I`m starting to realise this myself a lot lately, and am making plans :)

I went home last night, and decided that my DEAD laptop needed some attention. Spent an hour taking it apart, every single component was spread about on the desk in front of me. Oh SH*t I thought, can I remember how to put all this back together! haha. Two hours, a few too many screwdrivers, a soldering iron and many glasses of wine later it was all back together again.... and WORKING whooo hooo :)

Had fun this morning " googling " cheerleaders :) Happy Friday my friends.

Beach Soccer Cheerleader

Had fun this morning " googling " cheerleaders :) Happy Friday my friends.

There goes today's concentration... :p Happy Friday you too.

I need to take up beach soccer! lol

Have a super weekend guys !!

Last night I rediscovered the wonders of cocktail drinks... and HAPPY HOUR :-)

Had 34 minutes before the end of HAPPY HOUR... so i just moved my finger down half the menu with the waitress.

She asked me which one I want... I answered.. did you not see my finger show you.. wait I can do it again !!

slow slide of finger...

I filled the little round table and had a lot of fun... oh getting drunk once in a while is a lovely experience... :-)

Of course.. there was a reason behind my cocktail madness !

I just scored myself a great new job.. better money.. much better work... 3d design for very cool maschine building in Bavaria Germany...

starting in 4 weeks... YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ian :-)

Hey guys, I drink a lot of coffee and thought I would chat it up with ya'll. I know I was away for a while; blarp, I had many things meticulously planned out in my life then work swallowed me up like a title-wave. For several weeks I was just sleeping and working with very little of anything else. I took some time off to reset and that helped, but work got hectic when I returned and all the problems started up again.

Things were really stressful up until today when I had a long heart to heart with my boss and he was very receptive. I finally feel like things are smoothing out and that I can breath and enjoy my personal life again. Anyway, I'm pleased to see all the activity in the forum recently and specifically this thread.

On another note I found an online company that makes glasses lenses. You send them your prescription and frames and they populate them with the lens type you choose (plastic, glass, coatings, tints...). I sent them my old frames and requested actual glass lenses because every pair of glasses I've ever discarded was because they were too scratched up (even with a scratch resistant coating), and glass is really scratch resistant. The cool thing is that they said if I sent them 3D printed frames they could try to populate those as well, so theoretically I could print out any style of frames that I want and get them filled with prescription lenses. I'm getting my frames back probably around Monday, I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.

Hay my friend !!

Im happy you got things back into a better situation. As the other guys said.... You work to live... You dont Live to work... !!

Hope the new work balance stays good and you enjoy work and also your free time and of course... 3d printing fun !!

Have a lovely weekend Aaron !!

Hey Ian

Congrats for the new job!

Great to hear Ian!! Congratulation!!!

Compared to this news my day was boring - but for me great too :-)

Had the chance to approve the black belt degree of two guys and also the 2nd black belt degree of one of my friends - we had an exam today in our martial arts dojo.

Next two days will be nice too as we will have training classes, an evening event and competitions this weekend.

Nevertheless, I'm really proud of my friend... :-)

Good to hear Ian. So you are moving to Bavaria then? Munich is a very nice city...

Congratulations, Ian!!

Thank you !!

It will be a big jump for me... new city.. new company... but im 30 and im going to play some poker with my life now when everything is possible ! :-)

Good for you man, hope it all works out :)

Yay, congratulations Ian.

I got online today to see 6 "likes" from AaronAlai, lol. He's really back! I remember a moderator (IRobertI) had to increase the amount of likes that someone can make in 24 hours just for Aaron. :)

Thanks for the advice guys I definitely lost sight of why I have a job in the first place, it was more fun when I treated it as just a portion of my life and not my entire life.

@Ian, Congratulations once again on the new job :D!!! It sounds right up your alley and a higher pay is always a nice prospect, I hope the new job brings you a fresh perspective and mobility.

@gr5, I remember when the number of likes was increased, there are a lot of really interesting comments in the forum its difficult to conserve the resource :lol:. You and the other mods have been answering a lot of questions lately, I am always impressed by how fast you guys respond to forum material.

Hi all,

Happy monday (or not).

First of all great news lan congrats ;) i hope you'll find more interest in your future job.

For me another week at my boring job :mad: :mad:

This weekend i worked in my garden, i planted potatoes :geek: while printing anti slugs barriers that my girlfriend imagined. Fun too see something you think off, create and then in "action". The slugs will have to proove much skill to get over it, i was thinking of writing: "You shall not pass" on them :mrgreen:

I've also been thinking about something to guide the filament better in the feeder but for the moment it is stuck in my head not in the CAD

Thanks guys for the good wishes !! :-)

Im really excited to start in a month with the new job ! :-)

On another note... the tea kettle is now on... we can start gossiping.... ;-)

I was invited into Leipzig last night for some chinese food with a good friend.

I had to stop in my local petrol station.

There is a girl there.. really happy and nice... I waited in the line and when I got to the cash desk,.. I paid and asked her how she is...?

She looked at me and asked... your not german right ?

I said noooo.

Her answer... oh thank god.. LOL

She told me its a small miracle if one german in the working day asks how she is or anything about her... never happens i!

So she got very excited and happy and started talking about her night out in the disco and how she couldnt walk today because of some of the moves she did on the dance floor.. HEHE

Its funny to hear the words.. may ass is half broken coming from the petrol station girl... ;-)

Anyway.. she asked me If I wanted to go dancing with her someday. I told her I was born with two left feet. She said... she can teach me some moves.. LOLL

In the end.. it was a bout 10 minutes later.. there was 8 or 9 very angry german customers waiting behind me.. and the girl handed me her mobile number...

I was falling back into my car laughing and told my girlfriend what had happens.

She started laughing and said.. only an irish guy could walk into to pay for petrol and come out 10 minutes later with a disco invitation and a telephone number...

HEHEHEHE

Ian ;-) LOL

Hey lucky guy, my girlfried would act like a tornado in texas when comming back with a mobile number...

Think that's irish luck :-)

Heh heh. Its the gift of the gab, you've been at that stone again, Ian.

Ian, WOW... What brilliant news... not the sh**ty job, I mean getting chatted up by a hot girl haha... :p

Nah serious mate, congrats on the job! Really glad you have found a way out of your life limiting crappy work place. How exciting!

I`m back up and running with my laptop, cleaned out my Happy Corner and currently wondering how to set it all back up again... :) Will be printing again sooooon!