Ultimaker Firmware 5.2 stable

Guest maht

Posted · Ultimaker Firmware 5.2 stable
11 minutes ago, WesleySAV17 said:

It is normal that my S5 offers me the update 5.2.8 knowing that I am already in 5.2.8 ?? 

So I redid the update without much change ..

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

🤣

Have just tried re-slicing without any z-offset, and its printing (first layer may fail because i need a small -ve z offset for ABS to get it to stick) but the G92 -xx is no longer present. I did not update Cura or delete any settings just removed theZ offset from Bed Adhesion section.

So it seems the latest 5.28 version is incorrectly handling the G92 gcode, and in my case at least dropping the bed by approx 1/2 inch.

May try to restore previous version later this week when i have more time.

Thanks everyone for suggestions.

As a matter of interest i tried slicing with Simplyfy3d and the G92 Zxx is not present in their gcode. Installed Cura 4.0 as suggested

and Sliced with that and initially could not find the option to set a negative Z-offset. It is uses the Z-offset add on which i found and

installed from the Marketplace. Once this was done sliced again and got same problem G92 Zxx is present and printer tries to print in thin air.

Will have to restore to previous version. And there was me thinking an upgrade meant an improvement??

11 hours ago, WesleySAV17 said:

It is normal that my S5 offers me the update 5.2.8 knowing that I am already in 5.2.8 ??

Intention here was to show your current firmware version. If you want to update you enter to see what other versions are available.

So, it is not telling you to update to a newer version. But I do see how this can be confusing.

21 hours ago, WesleySAV17 said:

For my part I have already tried to reset my S5, but this has not worked anything ... the Wifi still does not work ...

I have the same issue. But it started before the recent update. 

I stared a thread to discuss it here 

Not sure if this is the place for bugs, but if it is...

Both my Ultimaker S5 and 3 Extended are having trouble running the X/Y calibration. It looks like the head aren't priming properly before printing the calibration pattern - see attached image.

Both have only displayed the issue after the recent firmware update.

IMG_20190325_110455.jpg

• Like 1

XY Calibration also failed for me after updating, but I thought it was due to one of the nozzles being loaded with TPU. I tried it twice but haven't really had time to fully look into it.

To me it seems that bed leveling has set the bed too close to the nozzle which prevents extrusion - at least that is how it appears in my case.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Firmware 5.2 stable

I have the same Problem with my S5. I thought it was the nozzle, but after changing the core, there was the same Problem.

Edited by galileo616

My Ultimaker S5 is also printing too close to the bed, I just damaged a glass print bed because tough PLA had fused to the glass with a very squashed first layer. 

Also, none of the cloud connect features work at all. Apart from getting the success toast I still have to manually add the IP of the printer locally every single time and none of the features work remotely via the cloud at all.

Edited by Sassw

My S5 has been installing firmware since ~8AM and it is now 8PM. Is it supposed to take this long? If I power it off, will it brick the printer?

That happens sometimes.  If it doesn't finish within 10 minutes just power cycle it.  This has happened to me before and it did not get bricked.

13 hours ago, tmostad said:

To me it seems that bed leveling has set the bed too close to the nozzle which prevents extrusion - at least that is how it appears in my case.

Both my S5 and 3 Extended are 'printing' half a mm or so above the plate.

Does anyone know how to revert the firmware back to pre-5.2?

@piphil Did you perform both factory reset and Cura Connect reset? Revert to a firmware before 5.2 is not possible on a S5 for the end user.

1 hour ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

@piphil Did you perform both factory reset and Cura Connect reset? Revert to a firmware before 5.2 is not possible on a S5 for the end user.

I haven't - and haven't been advised to do so by our support provider. Is it possible this would have any effect? It feels more like they've tweaked the code for the levelling and accidentally removed the head prime command during the X/Y calibration.

I wanted to connect our printer (UM S5) from the Wifi connection to the newly installed Ethernet.
    For this I have deselected the Wifi and wanted to dial Ethernet. After a few seconds, the switch was reset to gray and no Ethernet connection was available. The Ethernet line was tested and used with other devices. Repeated attempts were unsuccessful.

Then I reset the Cura Connect settings. A wifi connection could be set up, but an ethernet connection could not be established.
    I've reset the Cura Connect several times to test whether the ethernet can be enabled without a wifi connection. That was also unsuccessful.

Finally, I reset the printer to factory defaults and repeated all previous tests to find out that I can no longer set up a Wifi connection. The menue stops at the Create Hotspot window. The progress bar has gone through to the end, but there is not a hotspot enabled, neither a message on the printer nor Wifi to find.

My guess is a firmware issue, because until yesterday and before resetting to factory settings, the Wifi connection was possible.
    I uploaded the latest firmware last week via Wifi. (Version 5.2.8.20190320)

Is there a way to replay the last working or a newer firmware?

Same thing here on my XY calibration with my UM3 after upgrade to firmware 5.2.  I spent hours cleaning print cores thinking something was clogged. The only reason I wanted to do the XY calibration is to address all the other issues I was having after upgrading to "5.2 Stable".  Apparently there is no way to roll back the firmware to 3.x without invalidating my warranty on this 2 month old unit.  So I am patiently waiting for for firmware 5.3 so I can use my UM3 again.  An official response from Ultimaker regarding this firmware upgrade and the plans to address what appears to be multiple issues would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by N9ssham
    spelling
    • Like 2

Unfortunately there is no new firmware or solution to our problem ...

We are good to wait for a fix from Ultimaker ...

• Like 1

Also waiting for a new stable firmware. Until then my UM3 is unusable. I hope Ultimaker is really working on it...

my problems on Ultimaker 3 after installing firmware 5.2.8 are:

- no Wifi (haven't try the camera) after doing factory reset

- cannot print if using S3D, I have also sent email to S3D for possible solution, they have worked a 

temporary U3 profile for firmware 5.2.8, I have tried and tested a few times but still have some problems:

--- the machine will keep asking me to use the printhead that's not designated in my Gcode.

am still keep trying and also same time hope Ultimaker can make a really stable firmware soon!

attached S3D Profile for UM3, please try and share 

S3d Profile for Ultimaker 3 (5.2.8 firmware)

best regards

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viola0083 said:

my problems on Ultimaker 3 after installing firmware 5.2.8 are:

- no Wifi (haven't try the camera) after doing factory reset

- cannot print if using S3D, I have also sent email to S3D for possible solution, they have worked a 

temporary U3 profile for firmware 5.2.8, I have tried and tested a few times but still have some problems:

--- the machine will keep asking me to use the printhead that's not designated in my Gcode.

am still keep trying and also same time hope Ultimaker can make a really stable firmware soon!

attached S3D Profile for UM3, please try and share 

S3d Profile for Ultimaker 3 (5.2.8 firmware)

best regards

I also got the new profile from S3D but there appear to be more issues with 5.2.8 than just Gcode. Have now recovered my UM3 to last version before 5.2.8 and all is working again.

Wasted few hours on this and won't make the mistake of just accepting a firmware upgrade in future :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo965 said:

Have now recovered my UM3 to last version before 5.2.8 and all is working again.

How did you do this? I can't find the older firmware online?

2 hours ago, Jimbo965 said:

I also got the new profile from S3D but there appear to be more issues with 5.2.8 than just Gcode. Have now recovered my UM3 to last version before 5.2.8 and all is working again.

Wasted few hours on this and won't make the mistake of just accepting a firmware upgrade in future :-)

I'm desperate with this 5.2.8 firmware, please enlighten me how to restore to earlier version 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, N9ssham said:

Same thing here on my XY calibration with my UM3 after upgrade to firmware 5.2.  I spent hours cleaning print cores thinking something was clogged. The only reason I wanted to do the XY calibration is to address all the other issues I was having after upgrading to "5.2 Stable".  Apparently there is no way to roll back the firmware to 3.x without invalidating my warranty on this 2 month old unit.  So I am patiently waiting for for firmware 5.3 so I can use my UM3 again.  An official response from Ultimaker regarding this firmware upgrade and the plans to address what appears to be multiple issues would be greatly appreciated!

Who told you it violates your warranty?  Who is your reseller?

Most resellers will only not-warranty something if you broke it while messing with the printer.  Merely removing a cover should not violate any warranties on the UM3 unless you then accidentally smashed the PCB with a hammer.  You could threaten to return it and have them roll it back or suggest that you could do it and save them a lot of trouble.  Maybe that will work.